Subject: Is Being Trivial Better in Digital? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah Leven
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I remember being a kid- maybe 8 or 9 years old- and sneaking out my parents trivial pursuit, baby boomers edition. I remember reading the cards and thinking to myself, "Huh? Who could possibly know that? Boy, adults sure are smart!" Then I reached my 20's and read the cards on newer versions of the game, I wound up thinking just about the same thing. Who knows the answers to some of these questions? I have one version of the game where no one answered a single question in 3 hours. After 1 hour we all banded together and tried to answer them as a group. When trivial pursuit becomes a co-op, you know it's way too hard for the group. Three of the people playing were registered members of MENSA. It's not a good situation.

This version is a bit different than the others. The basic set of rules apply but the questions are on an electronic gadget which is actually pretty easy to use. More questions can be downloaded off of the internet. The software for the computer is easy to use as well. There are a variety of categories that can be used for each color on the board. So if you have a bunch of English majors coming over, you can have questions that they might actually know for the different categories. If you have a group of Jocks, get some sports questions. This is my friends' favorite version of the game because the questions are answerable much more often than other versions we have tried.

Overall, I'd say this is the best version of Trivial Pursuit I have ever played. The biggest reason is because it is so much more customizable than other versions. You can have a category on there that suits everybody.

My ratings-
Overall game play- 7.3
For what it is- 8.9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.