Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
I have placed 211 games in my collection. Some I own, Some I have owned previously, some are on a wish list, some I have played in person or online, and some I am keeping a half-interested eye towards.

Now while I can utilize filters to include or exclude games I have rated or those I have not, and the same for owned, previously owned, played, wishlist, etc... Sometimes I don't want to generate a list that excludes all the games of that given trait.

So what I propose is this: have a tickbox which defaults to being checked and to include, which one can tick off to exclude. With such functionality, one could quickly generate lists without the site having to manage so many divergent traits. Want to know all the train games you've rated, either owned or played? four filters, or one tickbox.

Thank you for giving this any amount of consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Collection suggestion: Tickbox Default to include, tick to Exclude
I want to see if I understand you correctly:

Redbeardin84 wrote:
I have placed 211 games in my collection
. . .
So what I propose is this: have a tickbox which defaults to being checked and to include, which one can tick off to exclude
. . .
Want to know all the train games you've rated, either owned or played? four filters, or one tickbox.

Four filters or one tick for every non-train game you own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Collection suggestion: Tickbox Default to include, tick to Exclude
Yeah, I see now that I worded that example poorly.

Perhaps someone with a better grasp of the database structure can still make a good idea out of it.

maybe have the box default unticked and then you have to tick to include what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.