Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if the answers to the following questions are in the rules, but if they are I can't find them:

Can the British move a block containing ships into the North Sea Fleet box with the intention of reinforcing the North Sea Fleet after losses caused by weather and/or the 'Napoleon Strips the Dutch Navy' event?

Conversely, can British ships be moved from the North Sea Fleet box onto the main map (presumably by forming a fleet and giving it a block) should the British player feel he has a better use for them elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Fry
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My father (circa 1945). He navigated B-24's (5thAF 22ndBG) in the Pacific Theater.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The only way that ships can be released from the North Sea Fleet box is via the "Napoleon Strips the Dutch Navy" event. Ships cannot be added to the North Sea Fleet box. Ships in the North Sea Fleet box are immune from harsh weather.

If the North Sea is of prime concern to the British player, he can always send an additional fleet to guard hex 1501.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Parker
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If ships in the north sea become wrecked or damaged though battle can they go to a port? If so can they return?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Fry
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My father (circa 1945). He navigated B-24's (5thAF 22ndBG) in the Pacific Theater.
mbmbmbmbmb
14.7 - They remain in the North Sea Fleet box (however, they are immune to weather). The only release for the ships in the fleet is the event Napoleon Strips the Dutch Navy.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if this was made clearer in the rules. I don't remember anything about not being able to add/subtract from the fleet.....this came up when the fleet was damaged by it's rare event.

.....or about them not being effected by gales or storms. I was being mislead by the text in the charts that says "all other ships in the gale zone take normal damage"....and the text from storm say to apply gale + other text.

....just saw this info in the FAQ. Hopefully it will make the next revision of the rules.

Game seems pretty nice, just a lot of areas where questions can arise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.