Middle-Earth Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monster Tokens after "Hero Rally Step" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Heup
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Assume a location contains at least one hero, one monster token and one influence at the beginning of Sauron's turn. In the "Hero Rally Step" the influence tokens are discarded leaving the monster tokens on the board in a location with zero influence. In his "Action Step" it is then possible for Sauron to move the monster tokens to adjacent locations containing influence.

I am pretty sure that my understanding is correct. Still, I wanted to quickly double-check this with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have it right (unless I have it wrong too! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheup wrote:
Assume a location contains at least one hero, one monster token and one influence at the beginning of Sauron's turn. In the "Hero Rally Step" the influence tokens are discarded leaving the monster tokens on the board in a location with zero influence. In his "Action Step" it is then possible for Sauron to move the monster tokens to adjacent locations containing influence.

I am pretty sure that my understanding is correct. Still, I wanted to quickly double-check this with you.

Is this possible though? At the beginning of Saurons turn to have a monster token and a hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Orgulas
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
joefling34 wrote:

Is this possible though? At the beginning of Saurons turn to have a monster token and a hero?

Sure, why not. The hero moves into:

- Perilious location + monster - Sauron chooses to resolve Peril, monster remains

- 2 or more monsters or 1 monster and 1 minion, Sauron attacks with minion - at least one monster remains

In all cases, Sauron starts with monster and hero in one location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's possible. And yes, you can move the monster (or leave it to Ambush the hero on his next turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can leave the monster on that space even though it has no influence???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
So you can leave the monster on that space even though it has no influence???

Yes, the "monster on a space with influence" only applies to placing them or moving them.
It's similar to the way plot cards have requirements in order to be placed in play, but the requirements are no longer important AFTER the card is in play.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.