Hide
8 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Youth question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bertelsen
msg tools
Can a Hero with the youth ability roll his movement die and then decide to use youth to heal instead if the result is low? I know they can choose to search instead so this seems logical.

Also, I had this unusual scenario occur: Becky had "I've got to get to the..." played on her so that she couldn't search until she stepped into the power plant. But before she could get there the building was "Overrun," meaning that no heroes are allowed to enter. Should her "I've got to get to the..." effect be removed? A new building be assigned as her destination? Leave the poor girl out of luck for searching until somebody cancels one of the two cards?

Thanks in advance. This game rocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
msg tools
RI Gamer wrote:
Can a Hero with the youth ability roll his movement die and then decide to use youth to heal instead if the result is low? I know they can choose to search instead so this seems logical.

Yup. You always get to roll first before deciding whether to move or do something else instead.

RI Gamer wrote:
Also, I had this unusual scenario occur: Becky had "I've got to get to the..." played on her so that she couldn't search until she stepped into the power plant. But before she could get there the building was "Overrun," meaning that no heroes are allowed to enter. Should her "I've got to get to the..." effect be removed? A new building be assigned as her destination? Leave the poor girl out of luck for searching until somebody cancels one of the two cards?

Roll a new random building: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1971768

RI Gamer wrote:

Thanks in advance. This game rocks.

You're welcome! And it does! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Asplund
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RI Gamer wrote:
Can a Hero with the youth ability roll his movement die and then decide to use youth to heal instead if the result is low? I know they can choose to search instead so this seems logical

As far as I understand it, yes. You roll the die to see how much you can move but you do not commit yourself to moving (just like with searching).

RI Gamer wrote:

I don't have the cards around to check but applying the reality thumb rule, it makes sense that if the building has become un-enterable, it only makes sense that the card requiring a character to go there would become null and void.

If you consider it from the horror movie perspective, it kind of makes sense. "I've got to get to the Hospital..." followed by a shot of a completely Overrun Hospital. "Maybe not..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
profound_dark wrote:

RI Gamer wrote:

I don't have the cards around to check but applying the reality thumb rule, it makes sense that if the building has become un-enterable, it only makes sense that the card requiring a character to go there would become null and void.

If you consider it from the horror movie perspective, it kind of makes sense. "I've got to get to the Hospital..." followed by a shot of a completely Overrun Hospital. "Maybe not..."

Actually, I think the card effect stays on the character. He either has to have the taken over marker removed from the building, or have the card canceled using At Last, or any other hero cancel cards.

EDIT: See Dan H's post above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jf Roustan
France
St Paul des fonts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I agree with Selyaaa.
The situation occured in a game and we played it like this. Luckily we had father joseph in the team and he took a wound.
There's no reason to change the effect of a card "remains in play" because it seems desperate... The situation is desperate as in any movie film.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Zaghis
Italy
Sesto San Giovanni
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
TOO MANY GAMES FOR A SINGLE LIFE.. I'll have to consider undeath...
mbmbmbmbmb
RI Gamer wrote:

Hi all,
actually the "Youth" ability says that you may GIVE UP a MOVE ACTION to fully heal.

I understand that you actually roll and then decide to move or search as part of the move action. If you forfeit the whole action, you also forfeit the roll. Ie, you start the turn, fully heal, then go stright to the exchange item step.

at least that's how we play it....

Cheers everybody, and happy zombie hunting! zombie

Rob

(edited in the light of recent events) :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ramir Elez wrote:
Hello,
I agree with Selyaaa.
The situation occured in a game and we played it like this. Luckily we had father joseph in the team and he took a wound.
There's no reason to change the effect of a card "remains in play" because it seems desperate... The situation is desperate as in any movie film.

Except Selyaaa isn't the designer. Jason has already ruled that you must re-roll for a new building as pointed out by Dan H above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
whoops, I may have been thinking about another card. You're right, I must not have noticed Jason's ruling there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.