Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few months ago I used Artscow to print out a set of Advanced Civilization trade and advancement cards. I've been updating the cards and decided to take a look at the decks.

I forgot Mysticism in the cards I'd ordered. How dumb is that?

Sigh.

I'm not sure what I'll do with them; the would work as replacement parts for someone missing cards or with damaged cards.

The trade cards turned out ok though and that set was complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've cut through more than one tile in more than one design.

I printed out three sheets of stickers with half of the chit images flipped - and they contained text. I didn't notice until after applying more than half of them.

Using mod podge to apply a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper to some chipboard, and having it warp and wrinkle into near-unusability.

Buying dozens of craft clothespins, painting the tops different colors and attempting to saw the tops off with a miter saw. The idea was that they'd make perfect wooden pawns and they were easy to paint, but sawing them proved disastrous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put the back on tiles the wrong way - or the back on the wrong set of tiles. yuk

Sliced right across a sheet while cutting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought Warriors of God. Then I cut the map up into 8 pieces. I'm planning to mount everything when I get some spare time. But until I'm done I'm wondering if I just did something very very stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Filip
Canada
New Westminster
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can only count to 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually stuff up the varnishing if something needs it - Space Hulk figures, Agricola counters, etc.

I'm making a wooden box for Race For The Galaxy - finished one, was going to do two more in time for Essen - but I cut the dovetails on the last piece of each box wrong. Now I need to either get hold of some more wood to replace those four pieces, or make each box narrower and recut *all* the joints I've made so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Hatchling wrote:
I recently bought Warriors of God. Then I cut the map up into 8 pieces. I'm planning to mount everything when I get some spare time. But until I'm done I'm wondering if I just did something very very stupid.

I started doing the same thing with my old Assault on Hoth: The Empire Strikes Back game from childhood, remembering that the joints always made it hard to use the cardboard cutout pieces. Only detached one panel before I had the same concern, then felt like a giant jerk when someone asked if I'd be willing to trade it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed out almost 50 playtest copies of Civil War Express using this illustration to show how the game should be set up...

...but this illustration uses a sample map containing four red "hill" tiles from Settlers of Catan.

A Settlers game does not contain four red hill tiles, only three. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:

Using mod podge to apply a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper to some chipboard, and having it warp and wrinkle into near-unusability.

Using too much glue is easy to do. Ideally you want to apply a very light layer that's within seconds of drying. Rolling your paper down gradually while applying with a foam brush works for me.

I made an oops while binding a rules booklet. Never use binder clips to hold down freshly glued paper binding. Nasty mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.