Subject: New edition of the game from Huch&friends - Artwork rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read, that there will be a new edition of this game by Huch&friends with a completly new artwork. I fell in love with this game at Spiel 2007, when there was just a playable prototype. Sad enough that Peter refused to sell it to us (but understandable), we bought it last year, not without challenging the designer for serveral rounds...

So now there will be a new edition and I am wondering what it will look like. I found a picture of the box here:

http://www.reich-der-spiele.com/files/admin/huch/kamisadopre...

That leaves me quite interested!!!

ode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Well, I am satisfied with the one I have and cannot imagine myself buying a new edition.
Yes, the colours are a bit migraine-inducing but one or three rounds is more than enough.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nello Cozzolino
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Brascogames London U.K. www.brascogames.webs.com
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
I just read, that there will be a new edition of this game by Huch&friends with a completly new artwork. I fell in love with this game at Spiel 2007, when there was just a playable prototype. Sad enough that Peter refused to sell it to us (but understandable), we bought it last year, not without challenging the designer for serveral rounds...

So now there will be a new edition and I am wondering what it will look like. I found a picture of the box here:

http://www.reich-der-spiele.com/files/admin/huch/kamisadopre...

That leaves me quite interested!!!

ode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
possibly a cheaper version: no 3D dragon on the top of the tower.......................i bet the box weight will be less than 1.1 kg....(original nearly 2 kg)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Most excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
If it is what I saw at Essen, the pieces are fine, but the board was quad-folded paper. It might be mounted in the final version (or not).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The board's mounted and has a linen finish. The pieces have green felt on the bottom, which is nice. Instead of rings there are clear octagon cylinders which are placed on top of your sumo pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This edition looks nice. The only problem is still with the colors: even if you are not color-blind it can be hard(er) to see which tower has which color as now it's only the Chinese letters on the towers that have the color. Of course if you can learn the Chinese letters it might help as each squares on the board have these letters printed on them - so theoretically you can play the game even if you are 100% color-blind now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don´t have to learn the letters, even if you´re colourblind.
You just have to look for the tower with the same letter as the square steped on. The meaning of the letter does not matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant you have to learn the shapes and differences of the letters, you have to learn to recognize their differences. From a European viewpoint (or only from my viewpoint) at first glance they just look the same...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.