Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again,

A character who had been killed on a previous turn was forced to leave all his items and followers on the space where he died.
In this case, it was the Temple in the Inner Region.

The Ghoul later managed to make his way to the Temple.
There were no enemies on that spot, only objects and followers.

My question is: what takes place first? Does he collect the objects and followers, or must he roll two dice first as instructed by the space?

Thanks to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one case where I think the turn sequence chart might be wrong. Cards before Space is how it goes IIRC. For normally non-draw spaces of course, draw spaces cards = space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt reply, Rauli.

Do the rules say anything on this? If so, can you tell me where exactly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Characters must follow the instructions on the space if their
player chooses to encounter the space instead of encountering
another character. However, before they do, any Enemies in
the space must first be killed (see “Resolving Battles vs. Creatures”
on page 10) or evaded (see “Evading” on page 14). Any
Stranger or Place there must be visited and any gold, Objects,
and Followers may be taken." (p. 10)

emphasis added
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, so the "before" keyword also applies to the last part of that sentence.
I remember reading it, but I wasn't sure how to interpret it.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Rauli that the Encounter Sequence chart seems to mismatch the rules as written on this point.

We have followed the chart, which seems to indicate that you encounter all cards except Objects, Magic Objects, Followers and gold. This is roughly equivalent to treating the Space as a Location Card, which made sense to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sverre wrote:
We have followed the chart, which seems to indicate that you encounter all cards except Objects, Magic Objects, Followers and gold. This is roughly equivalent to treating the Space as a Location Card, which made sense to us.

How do you treat Space in a case where a prior card causes you to miss your next turn, e.g. Carnival at Crags? Will you still miss your next turn or would do you only miss the rest of your current turn, which is what happens if there is an actual card still left, Evil Darkness + Holy Lance drawn by a Good/Neutral char?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Sverre wrote:

How do you treat Space in a case where a prior card causes you to miss your next turn, e.g. Carnival at Crags? Will you still miss your next turn or would do you only miss the rest of your current turn, which is what happens if there is an actual card still left, Evil Darkness + Holy Lance drawn by a Good/Neutral char?

Is there any difference? I can't remember the exact wording of the rule, but I think you only miss the current turn if there are cards you didn't get to encounter, right? I wouldn't consider the Space a card, if that's what you mean. So Carnival at Crags would make you miss next turn, unless there are also other cards there. (Does that make sense to you?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sverre wrote:
Is there any difference? I can't remember the exact wording of the rule, but I think you only miss the current turn if there are cards you didn't get to encounter, right? I wouldn't consider the Space a card, if that's what you mean. So Carnival at Crags would make you miss next turn, unless there are also other cards there. (Does that make sense to you?)

Yeah, that's what I was asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.