Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to play a game this weekend and I have some questions about a few rules:

1. Ramming: In the manual it says that in order to ram someone (from the side) there has to be another lane in the other side. However, it then goes to state what happens if there is an obstacle there. My question is, can I ram someone who is next to a wall, yes or no? Is there a different answer if this "wall" is in the center of the track or on its boundaries?

2. Whenever someone uses nitro points to accelerate twice, the threshold for the temperature check rises, right? What happens if I accelerate but choose to go up/right, ending in a square with blue background? For example from 7 to 8 and then to 9. Since I am in a blue square there is no overheating check, right? Even though I may have used 3 Nitro points to do it, correct?

3. I can use the fire extinguisher whenever I want during my round, right? So can I use rocket boost and if I get any overheat, use the distinguisher immediately to remove it? (assuming they are both activated from previous rounds and I hadn't used another ability)

4. By the same logic, I can crush into someone from behind and also attack him with the Machine Gun, right?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frederic Henry
France
Itteville
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Let me try to answer in my poor english.

1) Yes you can. If you take a look at the ram table you will constat that in this case your foe has a bigger chance to be damaged.

2) One more time, you are totally right. If you prefer you can imagine that your threshold is equal to 6 (3+1+1+1) and, because the blue line, the number of dice equal to zero. So, your result is always equal to zero.

3) One more time : Yes.

4) Absolutly right.

Enjoy the game.

Fred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
To reiterate on what Frederic said:

avyssaleos wrote:
1. Ramming: In the manual it says that in order to ram someone (from the side) there has to be another lane in the other side. However, it then goes to state what happens if there is an obstacle there. My question is, can I ram someone who is next to a wall, yes or no? Is there a different answer if this "wall" is in the center of the track or on its boundaries?

You can ram a player if they are next to any wall, be it central or a perimeter, but if the ram is successful they will not move over (as there is no space for the target to move to).

avyssaleos wrote:
2. Whenever someone uses nitro points to accelerate twice, the threshold for the temperature check rises, right? What happens if I accelerate but choose to go up/right, ending in a square with blue background? For example from 7 to 8 and then to 9. Since I am in a blue square there is no overheating check, right? Even though I may have used 3 Nitro points to do it, correct?

Yeah, as long as you stay in the Blue there is no penalty, it just means you won't speed up as much as if you had risked going into the Orange/Red sectors.

avyssaleos wrote:
3. I can use the fire extinguisher whenever I want during my round, right? So can I use rocket boost and if I get any overheat, use the distinguisher immediately to remove it? (assuming they are both activated from previous rounds and I hadn't used another ability)

Yeah, if your weapons are primed and ready you may activate (use) them.

avyssaleos wrote:
4. By the same logic, I can crush into someone from behind and also attack him with the Machine Gun, right?

Yes you can.

Edited Spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastien
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
To reiterate on what Frederic said:

avyssaleos wrote:

You can ram a player if they are next to any wall, be it central or a perimeter, but if the ram is successful they will not move over (as there is no space for the target to move to).

Quick question related to that: what diff does it make if the ram is successful or not in this case ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Chatbus wrote:

Quick question related to that: what diff does it make if the ram is successful or not in this case ?

Whether a ram is successful or not, in any instance, compare the result against the relevant Destination Box row for any damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.