Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: The iPhone generation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: iPhone [+] [View All]
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody I know a bit is getting a tatto... I know this because he said he was going on facebook, and then he posted both there and on twitter as he was getting tattoed...

and apparently also was playing games dureing geting inked.

This modern times, I think if there is one time I would not be online it would be while geting ink... (Of course I do not have a tattoo right now so maybe I should not say never)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Was his name Derk?

Yea it is different...

Some of my colleagues chart when they use the restroom with twitter. This information can then be graphed. They asked me to participate. I declined.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemmings!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Can one post this comic too many times? I think not.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

When college students here walk out of class, 90% of them either start texting immediately on their iPhones, or put their earbuds in and start listening to their iPods. shake

Who wants some freshly baked chocolate chips cookies?
(The feminine version of Get Off My Lawn.)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oh this is crazy, something should not be tweeted
I hope this is anoynmous enough for no one that know who this is to read:

"Seriously, do I want this relationship? No, not the way it looks now. Fuck it."

Now is that really a tweetable post?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also amazed at the addiction to this technology. As someone who grew up perfectly sane and fine without it, I am constantly surprised and turned off by the desperation to always be on your phone.

I mean, what is so all important that you have to say, right this instant!!! I see folks of all ages at work--where they have a telephone and are not punished for personal phone calls--start dialing/texting the minute they step outside the building on their way home. WHAT? You couldn't have called them from your desk?

shake

We got rid of our cell phones over a year and a half ago and do NOT miss them at all.

I worry about the younger generation and if they'll have face-to-face communication skills.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently I was conducting business with someone and he told me the easiest way to contact him was through Facebook. So I set up a facebook account for myself.

Within a few days I had received TONS of "friend requests" from friends I haven't seen or heard from in years, people from my church I didn't even know owned a computer, and friends of friends of friends...

So I answered just a few of these, from close friends. Then I kept getting friends requests, followed by "vote on this issue" requests, followed by something about some game called "Farmville"....

Arrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even WISH I had time to respond to all this CRAP...who on this earth sits in front of a computer THAT long? Don't they have a life...don't they have family and/or friends they can interact with FACE TO FACE, don't they need to go to the restroom every once in a while? Good grief!

I think I don't even need to contact that person I was doing business with any more, and if I do, it's email for sure. I don't even care enough to go back and cancel my Facebook account, it can just sit there...

I can't stand Facebook, Myspace or any of those social networking black holes.

Whew, that 2 cents was really burning a hole in my pocket!



jrbentley
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
I am also amazed at the addiction to this technology. As someone who grew up perfectly sane and fine without it, I am constantly surprised and turned off by the desperation to always be on your phone.

I mean, what is so all important that you have to say, right this instant!!! I see folks of all ages at work--where they have a telephone and are not punished for personal phone calls--start dialing/texting the minute they step outside the building on their way home. WHAT? You couldn't have called them from your desk?

shake

We got rid of our cell phones over a year and a half ago and do NOT miss them at all.

I worry about the younger generation and if they'll have face-to-face communication skills.


+1

These comments fit right in with the gist of this article:
"7 Resons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable"

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-...

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
I am also amazed at the addiction to this technology. As someone who grew up perfectly sane and fine without it, I am constantly surprised and turned off by the desperation to always be on your phone.

I mean, what is so all important that you have to say, right this instant!!! I see folks of all ages at work--where they have a telephone and are not punished for personal phone calls--start dialing/texting the minute they step outside the building on their way home. WHAT? You couldn't have called them from your desk?

shake

We got rid of our cell phones over a year and a half ago and do NOT miss them at all.

I worry about the younger generation and if they'll have face-to-face communication skills.


+1

These comments fit right in with the gist of this article:
"7 Resons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable"

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-...



Yes, and have you overheard some of these "urgent" conversations? It's all gossip and stupidity. "He said, and then I said, and then he said, and then I told him,..." shake
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
These comments fit right in with the gist of this article:
"7 Resons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable"

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-...

Although I agree with the gist of this article, part of me disagrees with some of the statements about online friends -- that we're lonelier. I actually feel less lonely than I did before joining Chit Chat. I've never had many close friends, and some of the friends I did have I really didn't have anything in common with. But now I have more friends that I've ever imagined having. And although you're my friends, I don't really consider you "close" because we really don't know each other. But maybe you're my friends because I don't have to put up with the real you?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:
These comments fit right in with the gist of this article:
"7 Resons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable"

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-...

Although I agree with the gist of this article, part of me disagrees with some of the statements about online friends -- that we're lonelier. I actually feel less lonely than I did before joining Chit Chat. I've never had many close friends, and some of the friends I did have I really didn't have anything in common with. But now I have more friends that I've ever imagined having. And although you're my friends, I don't really consider you "close" because we really don't know each other. But maybe you're my friends because I don't have to put up with the real you?



I didn't mean to imply that any of these "Facebookers" (or users of the other networking sites) are lonely at all, much less lonelier than others around them. I was simply airing my aggravation at the sheer number of different type of "requests" I was receiving, not just here and there, but TONS of them constantly. When I logged off and logged back on 30 minutes later, I already had a bunch more.

I'm simply wondering (out loud) why all these people are devoting SO MUCH TIME on these sites...I know a LOT of these people personally and I know they go to work every day, have families, and are generally "busy" people. I'm just amazed at the time they find to spend online constantly asking me to vote on this issue or another, or requesting that I send them a peach for that darn Farmville game.

I realize they have every right to spend all the time online that they want to, and it's really none of my business, but when they send me request after request after request, it tends to get old really fast.

I guess what I'm saying is, I have a life, I don't want to spend a majority of it online asking 500 (half of which I don't really even know) to be my friend. I'd rather spend it WITH the people I DO know, and making new friends who have an actual face in place of a monitor.

Again, just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
jrbentley
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:
These comments fit right in with the gist of this article:
"7 Resons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable"

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-...

Although I agree with the gist of this article, part of me disagrees with some of the statements about online friends -- that we're lonelier. I actually feel less lonely than I did before joining Chit Chat. I've never had many close friends, and some of the friends I did have I really didn't have anything in common with. But now I have more friends that I've ever imagined having. And although you're my friends, I don't really consider you "close" because we really don't know each other. But maybe you're my friends because I don't have to put up with the real you?



+1 and the good laugh for "But maybe you're my friends because I don't have to put up with the real you?" line. laugh
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.