Subject: Lion or Eagle which one do you prefer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Riha
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ve played through half BoB scenario in a Lion game (ran out of time and table had to be used for other stuff) and started my first Eagle game last night.

Now Im wondering which mode of the game you like better?

My initial thought is that I think I like Eagle better. Its quite uncommon as I usually dont like to play German side in aviation games (computer or board). But Eagle does feel more active then Lion which is quite reactive in its nature.

Lion is very satisfying when you can nail a major raid and very frustrating when you deploy all out and it turns out to be nothing but pigeons in the air. But this is quite immersive in the games theme and works well.

But still I do enjoy planning the raids as it feels more active and even more strategic then Lion.

Which do you enjoy better?
Tomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to answer. I like both cause they have a big deal of tension...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They both rock, as does 2-player. The box is win/win/win no matter how you slice it.

Having that said, once the game showed up, I was most eager to play Eagle because I'd already played the WEG version oodles and was looking to play the other side for the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.