Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone.

Chad and I are excited to announce that some of our Gameink shirts may show up on CBS's Big Bang Theory.

There are still details that need to be worked out, but members of the cast and production like our shirts and have ordered several of them for their wardrobe.

As a big fan of the show, I'm very excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, so any guesses onto which one? Here's hoping for 20 plastic ninjas. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually...

Brain Burner
Warhol Meeples
Ra 17
Hive
Twonky
Think Green
and
Through the Dessert

Sorry Chapel.

I'm thinking we should send them one of each shirt... though Im guessing Puerto Rico Bandwagon and El Grande wont get any air time. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:

I'm thinking we should send them one of each shirt... though Im guessing Puerto Rico Bandwagon and El Grande wont get any air time. devil

Indeed! No Gygax? No ameritrash? No ninjas? They only games I've seen them play was Talisman IV. These aren't "euro" fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Ryno8 wrote:

Indeed! No Gygax? No ameritrash? No ninjas? They only games I've seen them play was Talisman IV. These aren't "euro" fans.

Perhaps after playing the dog that is Talisman they have gone over to Euros. I know I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:
Hey everyone.

Chad and I are excited to announce that some of our Gameink shirts may show up on CBS's Big Bang Theory.

There are still details that need to be worked out, but members of the cast and production like our shirts and have ordered several of them for their wardrobe.

As a big fan of the show, I'm very excited.

That is fantastic news - my wife and I are huge fans of the show too. She actually got to see their panel at Comic-Con this year while I was wasting my time trying to get Adam West's autograph. Good luck and we'll watch for the shirts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heac0ck
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME Ryno, I will keep my peepers peeled for this!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is very cool. BBT has actually turned into one of my favorite shows as far as classic style sitcoms are concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:
El Grande wont get any air time. devil

That one is my favorite, but I don't think it'll pass the censors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume that a lot of this season is already in the can... though Im hoping to see them near the end of the season... My luck, the show will get canceled before they make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, that IS some really exciting news--my wife and I kiss kiss kiss the show.

We'll keep our eyes open and I hope it pans out! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:
I would assume that a lot of this season is already in the can... though Im hoping to see them near the end of the season... My luck, the show will get canceled before they make it.

I believe Sheldon would take issue with you using your perceived "luck" in historic events having any effect on the outcome of future events. Unless you have empirical data that backs up your theory, I will expect the Big Bang Theory to continue thriving for years to come.

Congrats, and I'll be excited to see some of those shirts on some of my favorite TV characters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Love the show. Reminds me, I've been meaning to order a few of your shirts. Maybe sometime this week...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool!

Personally, I think that some of these would not be very visible to the audience.

Some of the more visible ones: Think Green, 20 Ninjas, Warhol Meeples? "Alien Robotic Factory" might actually work. Someone would google it and get Race for the Galaxy.

Less visible: Hive, Twonky, Ra 17 (An outsider would not understand it was a game reference), brain burner, pandemic, Through the Dessert. I could wish for Galaxy Trucker, but no one would get it.

Send them the Power grid ones, and the Werewolf "Villagers, Yum!", and Alien Robotic Factory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Googling Alien Robotic Factory does not lead to RFTG.

The only ones where you can actually identify the game having never played them are Diplomacy, Power Grid, Tichu, Samurai and El Grande. I only get a chuckle out of Diplomacy's.

I think the Reiner's Theme All is the best one to put on the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised the 'money isn't everything' power grid shirt wasn't listed. I think that's the most accessible/easily understood shirt by those not in the hobby. I get a little kick when I'm wearing it and catch someone reading (and usually chuckling). Then they ask "what's power grid?".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:

Actually, when the series was renewed for this present season, it was renewed for an additional season at the same time! I think that you're on safe ground. Now if you had sold shirts to the cast of Dollhouse, I would be worried...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To anyone wanting to order some shirts... we will be throwing in some new designs in preparation for BGG.Con

Look for:

Tigris and Euphrates
Stratego
Bang
Dominion (maybe)
Red white and Blue meeple
and possibly a GameInk meeple in sparkly pink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The details are sketchy, but I believe Chad's initial call from Warner Brothers mentioned that one of the cast thought the shirts were cool... Could be a hint that at least one of them likes games... Im not sure we get much traffic outside the hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool stuff! My wife & I will be watching for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I spoke with her a bit, and she really enjoyed the designs. I don't think the game topic was the primary interest, it was primarily Ryan's exquisite designs. I highly recommend Gameink tees. Legal was gonna look at the shirts and then we can only hope one (or more!) get selected by one of the actors/characters for use on the show...

Obviously they should pick 'em all. I explained the Brain Burner one to her. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the good thing for us and a little bit for the hobby (since we reference the games we do shirts for) is that there are a couple of sites already focused on Big Bang Theory t-shirts...

http://www.sheldonshirts.com/

Also... Hive is all Chad's Design so, kudos to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out more....

Kevin Sussman (Stuart: The comic shop owner) is the one that told wardrobe about our shirts...

If you read this Kevin... thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cast Ll'tor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:
I found out more....

Kevin Sussman (Stuart: The comic shop owner) is the one that told wardrobe about our shirts...

True story:

I used to work with this girl many, many years ago when I was in high school. One Friday night, we were both working late (ie 9pm) she asked me what I was doing after work.

Duh, I thought to myself - it's Friday night! I'm going to do what I always do - go home and do some homework!

She chuckles and says, "Do you want to go for a coffee?"

And I answer (truthfully), "No thanks, I don't drink coffee."

It took me about 5 years to realize she didn't want to go for a coffee.

So when Stuart (on The Big Bang Theory) went out with Penny on that date, it was awesome that part of my life story made it to TV. And I didn't even have to submit it to the show!

The best part? My name actually is Stuart.

Freakin' AWESOME!!!

(and I won't even get into the whole comic book scene - especially with Captain Underpants vs. the regular who used to come into the store I frequented).

My favourite show on TV - hands down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kalgreen
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you have better luck then I did!

They ordered a few copies of one of my nerd friendly shirts and had me sign a release for it to appear on the show (this was right before the first season began), but alas I never saw one actually used. =\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.