Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Use this thread to trash talk and talk about the lottery as a whole, item discussion should be kept at the item. The list is already really big, moving the comments and discussion here is a way to help it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Games for Geekgold Banter thread
Good call.
Perhaps a link might attract even more mugs participants.

Also very pleased to see that you have a micro-badge with my initials on it - respect man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heheheh Well I update the subscription thread now and will edit the GL in a moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And a heads up, with the new way the subscription list is designed, starting next month I won't be shuffling the entries anymore. I will keep doing it with the October list just to be consistent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
Shiny!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those item links do not link directly to the item... at least for me:

Example:
Bohnaparte
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46332/item/1054943

But that link only sends me to the top of the Geeklist. If you add

#itemITEMNR

(with ITEMNR=1054943 in the example above) to the link, it works... at least for me. I am sent directly to the Bohnaparte entry.

Example:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46332/item/1054943#ite...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fix coming. I will post soon the complete list of items with that fix included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed and all items should be there, please reply here if anyone is missing. I still have to update the new items post, but that will have to wait until much latter today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
Shiny!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! If you want, take the fixed links for the new items from here:

Quote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About the non-game items, I think it is too late to change it for October, so I'm thinking about the following rules for the November list:

1. The entry must contain as a prize either a boardgame or an RPG book(s)
2. You may add any time of second prize to a list (part of the GG pot, non-game sweeteners)

That will keep the list on its ideal without interfering on the idea of posters to help others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the non-game, but game related items. (Magnets, cups, etc, those were cool.) Straight GG lottery rubs me the wrong way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spicy Ramen
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
By reading this text you pledge to give me GG. So go ahead...tip me.
mbmbmb
Might want to include game accessories. The list this time has things such as homemade coins for play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeromie Rand
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
I liked the non-game, but game related items. (Magnets, cups, etc, those were cool.) Straight GG lottery rubs me the wrong way.

Agreed. I like game-related items, as long as something physical and related to the site is up for grabs. A straight GG lottery seems to be taking advantage of the popularity of the thread to serve a purpose for which it is not intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:

I agree with Jason. I also like the crafty items being put up. Plus, I was going to put a non-game but game related item up soon. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Futza wrote:
spearjr wrote:
I agree with Jason. I also like the crafty items being put up. Plus, I was going to put a non-game but game related item up soon. whistle
And I want one of those!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so what about:

1. The entry must contain as a prize either a boardgame, an RPG book(s) or a game related item (custom player mats, magnets, designed cups, etc..)

2. You may add any item as a of second prize to a list (part of the GG pot, non-game sweeteners). But it should go with a bundle of the main item or as a second-place item.

If that's ok with everyone I will put it up starting Monday. I won't take from the lottery any item that is already there but is not within the above rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing, anyone got any request about the Subscription thread? I mean, any improvement you would like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spicy Ramen
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a question about my first offering. I started out with Trivial Pursuit Star Wars. I was tossing in a couple packages of ramen. I ended up having an alternate prize option due to the interest in the ramen and not the game. How would that fall?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is still cool. The game is there, you are offering it. but the person may select the optional, so I see no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spicy Ramen
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That is cool. Because I was thinking of doing a listing like that each month. A so so game that someone might want and something I think is particularly interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
I wonder how long it will be till we have a true GG lottery where you pick numbers and everything and the pot gets bigger and bigger until finally someone wins a million geekgold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeanThere wrote:
I wonder how long it will be till we have a true GG lottery where you pick numbers and everything and the pot gets bigger and bigger until finally someone wins a million geekgold!

As soon as I have time and can think of a good way to do it, probably November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spicy Ramen
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You know what I would do with a million Geekgold?

I'd play two games at the same time.

I love Office Space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to say that I think the lotteries for Geek Gold are completely out of place for this. If you want to do it, fine, but do it elsewhere.

If you really need geek gold, offer up a game, or submit some reviews, session reports, images, etc.

Yes, I know I have a lot of GG so this is easy for me to say, but the first 300 or so I have was earned via submitting items and geekmodding. anyone can do it.

Just my opinion, nothing more or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
I just want to say that I think the lotteries for Geek Gold are completely out of place for this. If you want to do it, fine, but do it elsewhere.

I agree. I don't mind it as a 2nd place prize, but not for the main prize.

At first I thought the first one was offering the actual coins pictured calling them which would have been cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, just reviewed the whole list.
As you'd expect with 50-75% of site users being from the USA (statistics vary!) there are a lot of "free shipping within US, international geeks pay" entries.
This is understandable as shipping from the US to international is very expensive.

But it kind of makes those entries on the list less interesting for International geeks. And that makes the list hard to access - you have to read every item carefully to see if it is safe for you to bid on (as it could cost as much as buying the item or more!).

So I've saved you the trouble: these are the entries with free worldwide shipping (from anywhere - not just the US items). I salute the geeks offering this:

21, 22, 23, 25, 31, 32, 37, 40, 44, 45, 47, 52, 54, 56, 68, 78, 80, 81, 84, 106, 107, 108, 109.

"Nearly free" are 26 and 38 - they only need a few more geekgold bid on them to hit a 'free shipping' threshold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [196] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.