Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd let everyone know what the current state is on shipping:

There was a slight delay at the printers which means I will not be receiving the map sheets until the end of the week. I anticipate making up finished games this weekend and shipping things out starting next Monday (12th of October, 2009).

On the plus side, the zombies arrived last week and have already been bagged up. Here's the pile before they were opened up and separated out for the games:

Thanks to everyone who has already ordered the map, and to those who are picking it up at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Cartersville
Georgia
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the game (yet!). But this map looks awesome! Very cool idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question, Michael -

You're making plenty of these, right? I REALLY want a copy, especially after hearing it's for advanced players only, but I'm not allowed to buy any more games until after Christmas! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the print run larger than last time with the hopes that it would hold the initial tide of orders, so yes, I have reason to think there will still be pieces into early next year.

I realized the last time I printed Montreal that it was a huge mistake to make print runs that are too small now, because it means that I have to go through the big hassle of making more every year. If I reprint Montreal again, and I might next year, I will probably up the print run on that as well just because it's much easier for me to store some extra maps than it is to organize printing and assemble pieces every year.

(I know, you're playing the violin for me on this one! laugh )

edit: Aside, the expansion is recommended for advanced players only, though I do think players with modest experience could play it, they would probably just have to lower their score expectations. The zombies do a pretty bad number on the board, and it's helpful to have experience making money in the normal game, as that's hard enough when you're first starting up. The destruction of the cubes and cities complicate things by another degree, and I think new players could have some serious problems dealing with them. Some people like the pain though, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did Zombie Apocalypse ship on time? It seemed like they might have shown up at B&B by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Tom told me that it should ship from B&B on Monday (give or take).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
Did Zombie Apocalypse ship on time? It seemed like they might have shown up at B&B by now.

The order that was sent to B&B was shipped out with the others and they have received it. There are just some minor delays that will be dealt with ASAP and I'm assured that they will be shipping soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait. This EXISTS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote Lo-Pan from Big Trouble in Little China: "Indeed!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.