Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hahn
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the marine with the heavy flamer runs out of fuel (six shots), he still/only has his power fist, right? Or is he absolutely defenseless? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Fawcett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
badge
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you - you can see that my grave is kept clean
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine that he still has the power fist. It is listed as his equipment and shown on the figure. Not that it's going to help. He will soon be devoured. devil (Note: what we really need here is a genestealer emoticon!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, he can still melee. And remember, you can always go On Guard, so he's not completely useless. A speed bump to the stealers if you will...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power fist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommended on the 1E forums a Heavy Flamer Terminator could have a Bolter as a backup weapon when the Heavy Flamer is empty.

The Marine would need to spend 4 APs all in one turn to drop the Heavy Flamer and ready the Bolter.

The Terminator player would 1d6 when using the Bolter.

The backup Bolter would be in addition to the Power Fist mentioned previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darder Sergio
Spain
Alicante
Unspecified
flag msg tools
He has been spending his time killing or stopping GSs for 6 turns, now it s simply LUNCH TIME!!!!!angry

GSs have the rights to have a Happy Meal too.

He also could be equipped with a Paul Newman´s flask of Barbeque Sauce and be able to spend 4 APs to get himself ready for what is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy H
United States
Troy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
He also could be equipped with a Paul Newman´s flask of Barbeque Sauce and be able to spend 4 APs to get himself ready for what is coming.

laugh Awesome. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of giving him a bolt pistol that does 1d6 with range of 12 and overwatch capability. 4 APs to change,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
I like the idea of giving him a bolt pistol that does 1d6 with range of 12 and overwatch capability. 4 APs to change,

Or how about a Laspistol that only kills on a roll of 8 on a single d8 and has a range of 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grembinni wrote:
Quote:

laugh Awesome. laugh

+1. That made me laugh and deserves some gold

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-M
msg tools
1st ed rules the flamer could have a 4ap reload much like the assault cannon. If anything, I'd go with that.

And NO, no bolt pistol. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
the_gecko wrote:
1st ed rules the flamer could have a 4ap reload much like the assault cannon. If anything, I'd go with that.

And NO, no bolt pistol. robot

Well said! One should not make up rules because you don't like the rules or cause they miss-play the flamer. If I remember correctly someone in that 1st ED posting had pointed out that the flamer would be too cumbersome to change out in the heat of the battle. Which makes perfect sense to me. It takes 4 AP’s to reload, how many would it take to remove the flamer and them find your stormbolter and then use it.

Brother Jim cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We assume he's clocking the genestealers in the head with the flamer. Which is not a well designed melee weapon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently had a flamer run out of fuel, step in front of a GS entry point, go on gaurd and then proceed to kill the next 3 Genestealer, before succumbing to the armor-tearing claws of the next genestealer in line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that those six shots make him the most potent marine (except the librarian), he doesn't need beefing up. And i think terminator weapons are hardwired into the suit, aren't they? I don't think dropping the flamer is even an option.

To each his own, but he seems rather powerful already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.