United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
Still no sign of the game in the UK, apparantly Oct 17th is the expected release date - huff

So, I'm entertaining myself by deckbuilding off the spoiler list graciously posted here. Quick question:

The card 'Banna of da Red Sunz' states:

'Kingdom. Each opponent that collects 7 or more resources for his kingdom phase must assign one of those resources as a damage token to a target unit of your choice.'

Is this 'Kingdom' noted there a Trait (number 8 on the card anatomy key on pg. 7 of the rulebook) and thus have no actual effect on play? OR, is it a Kingdom ONLY card (as detailed on pg 16 of the rules)?

IE: Can I play the Banner into any zone or just the kingdom zone? The spoiler list has 'Battlefield only' specifically listed against 'Ironclaw's Horde' so my ASSUMPTION is that this is just a keyword trait rather than a placement restriction, but this does seem a little odd to me.

Clarifications/thoughts greatly received

and damnit, it looks like I'll need 3 core sets to make this deck...huffity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is italicized on the card-- that means its effect is "only active when the card is located in the specified zone" (pg. 16).

You can play it in any zone, but this card will only have its effect active when it is placed in the Kingdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnpatrick Marr
United States
Buffalo
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If a card is "Kingdom Only," that means it cannot be played to another zone. If there is an italicized "Kingdom," next to the ability, that means the ability will only work if that card is currently in the Kingdom zone. Confused me at first too! Good luck getting the game it's really fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
I totally didn't see that 'Zone Specific Effects' section on pg.16 right on the other column next to the bit I was actually looking at.

Reading rules fail.

Cheers guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.