Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_el wrote:
The second one is about the gameplay, and may be suitable for a variant: as far as I could understand, the players decide what to do (rest, go to the Dungeon or the Village) after seeing all his/her hand cards, but I think it could add a lot of excitement if they had to decide it after checking only 3 or 4 cards. Some unpredictability in the result of your actions sound better to me.

This game also has my imagination running wild of what we will see in the future using the "Dominion / Deckbuilding mechanic".

Your second suggestion does not make for a smooth gameplay in my opinion though, as you have to constantly think about stopping after looking at three cards (and be careful other players do this as well).
Before deciding if such a step was necessary for unpredictability's sake I would rather wait and play the game to check if the "luck of the draw" doesn't already make the game unpredictable enough.

A usable co-op mode would be something I'd really appreciate, analogous to a party in a dungeon sweep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_el wrote:

Maybe you're right about it being unpredictable enough. There is, effectively, only one way to know it...

Unfortunately, that way is currently impossible to follow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Andre Blanchet
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules, it feels like the game needs

a) Some kind of interaction between the players. (I'll admit, maybe some of the cards will fix that; Not from the previews we have seen.)

or;

b) A Coop mode, so that the exitement level can stay high as other players play their turn.

That said, I really want this game to be good. I'm still hesitant to buy it. With Seaside released at about the same time, it will be a hard toss between the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
le_el wrote:
The second one is about the gameplay, and may be suitable for a variant: as far as I could understand, the players decide what to do (rest, go to the Dungeon or the Village) after seeing all his/her hand cards, but I think it could add a lot of excitement if they had to decide it after checking only 3 or 4 cards. Some unpredictability in the result of your actions sound better to me.

This game also has my imagination running wild of what we will see in the future using the "Dominion / Deckbuilding mechanic".

Your second suggestion does not make for a smooth gameplay in my opinion though, as you have to constantly think about stopping after looking at three cards (and be careful other players do this as well).
Before deciding if such a step was necessary for unpredictability's sake I would rather wait and play the game to check if the "luck of the draw" doesn't already make the game unpredictable enough.

A usable co-op mode would be something I'd really appreciate, analogous to a party in a dungeon sweep.

I played thunderstone once and loved it. I did obtain a hero who gets to draw a card once you enter the dungeon. In other words, the game already has a sense of this built in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabool wrote:
a) Some kind of interaction between the players. (I'll admit, maybe some of the cards will fix that; Not from the previews we have seen.)

The more players, the more interaction. Not only with annoying cards like the damn thief but with things like grabbing cards you don't need all that badly just to deny another player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabool wrote:
After reading the rules, it feels like the game needs

or;

b) A Coop mode, so that the exitement level can stay high as other players play their turn.

That said, I really want this game to be good. I'm still hesitant to buy it. With Seaside released at about the same time, it will be a hard toss between the two.

Just like Dominion, there's always interaction in observing what other players buy and finishing off a stack to mess with other players. And also in this case, the monsters and heroes.

Also, Dominion is a good game. And yes it is a game. The expansions make it even better though. :) (directed at OP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.