United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it break the game if each of the three tanks pieces were increased to 2 attack dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I am quite sure it won't, except make the Admiral even weaker, but hey, it's the Admiral! It also make it harder to remove the President in a coup (he most often has two Generals on his side), but not by much.

In my group, part of the important duty of being a general is making sure that the tanks survive as long as possible, and if killing some armies, trying to remove the tanks without the owner noticing..

I'd call it a nice twist to the coup phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
I need more TIME
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bungeeboy wrote:
Would it break the game if each of the three tanks pieces were increased to 2 attack dice?

You may be thinking too literally. We're not talking A1M1's ruling the desert here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Stevens
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Games: Design 'em, rewrite 'em, play 'em!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do that, it just makes the tanks more interesting. I also let the tanks move 2, like the helicopter. On the other hand I have just started playing with only 1 volley per combat round which boosts the impact of airstrikes and gunboat. It also speeds up play a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Baptiste Ménard
France
flag msg tools
I use the 1991 updated Jeux Descartes French rules edition. Many sentences are blur. For example I do not see the point in tanks. Tank versus ordinary troop : may anybody tell me what is the difference ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
castiglione
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
JeanBat wrote:
I use the 1991 updated Jeux Descartes French rules edition. Many sentences are blur. For example I do not see the point in tanks. Tank versus ordinary troop : may anybody tell me what is the difference ?

If you ride on a tank, the girls think you're cool. If you ride on another troop, the girls just think you are strange and possibly dangerously deranged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_E6YSQqTo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Baptiste Ménard
France
flag msg tools
Awesome :-D
But I do not have the answer ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
bungeeboy wrote:

Yes, and tanks are not the rules of urban warfare in any case.

Lars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeanBat wrote:

Thanks

The separate tank counters are a holdover from the first edition rules, where they were the only pieces in a brigade that could not be bribed. In subsequent editions they are treated the same as the infantry and the different counter picture is for flavour only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.