Popular Tags: Useful [+] BGGhelp [+] [View All]
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love an option under a game entry that would allow me to view the personal comments of anyone that has both added a comment and a rating.

When I research out a game, I like to look at both positive and negative comments, but to find the comments associated with low ratings on a game with many ratings you have to sift through many pages of N/A ratings that hold little meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think number of plays would help as well. Not everyone records plays, but this information could help lend credibility to the comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add '&comment=1' to the url for the list of ratings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just go to the comments view. People rarely comment without rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unbeliever wrote:
Just add '&comment=1' to the url for the list of ratings.

That's pretty useful. Looks like you can add any view(s) to any other view as well by adding the relevant bit of URL (it also works on an individuals collection):

&own=1
&prevowned=1
&rated=1
&fortrade=1
&want=1
&wanttobuy=1
&wanttoplay=1
&wishlist=1
&comment=1
&wantparts=1
&hasparts=1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BugLaden wrote:
I think number of plays would help as well. Not everyone records plays, but this information could help lend credibility to the comments.

Sadly adding '&numplays=1' to the URL doesn't do anything.

But if looking at an individual's collection, adding '&played=1' does.

It would be cool if the filters for a user collection and an item collection had the same options. For instance then you could filter a game for everybody who had rated it a certain value and added a comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unbeliever wrote:
Or just go to the comments view. People rarely comment without rating.

Not so. Just looking at Agricola, the last 12-13 pages of comments all lack a rating, which is what prompts my suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
I'd like to see this too. Or alternatively, how about introducing an additional comment field which people can use for private notes? Then all of the "on my watch list" and "Essen 2009" entries could be tucked away under the latter, and hidden from the comments view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.