Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that the following doesn't really help answer your question. I don't know about your title but if you are interested in a solitaire version on the battle this one definitely is solitiare: D-Day at Omaha Beach

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All ATS games are quite playable as solitaire games, particularly with the addition of the ATS Robot from Warfighting Guide #2. Bloody Omaha in particular has a set up for solo play, according to the website.

Quote:
4 Wn Set Up cards providing the EXACT hex for every soldier, weapon and emplacement on the Omaha Beach portion of the Atlantic Wall. Perfect for immediate use and solo play.

The robot adds a set of cards that designate actions for the opponent player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Thanks for the answers, I think I'll place my order.

Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it would be good to note 2 things about this game. first, there's a few special rules, and second, the full 3 map deal takes up 6 ft of space. might not be the best place to start with ATS, but there are smaller scenario's in the box. I've got Darkest December and Scottish Corridor, both of which are good starting places. but really, anywhere is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

I've played ASL for years so I hope that it will make it easier to digest having had lots of experience with it. I'm looking for a solitaire game of close to equal detail as ASL.

Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be in good shape, then. The solo suitability was what drew me to ATS, and it doesnt hurt that it has about 1/4 of the rules. Just make sure you've got enough space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

Are you saying that the rulebook devotes 1/4 of its space to the solitaire rules? If that's the case then I'm very optimistic about it.

Thanks again,

Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What he is saying is "ATS has 1/4th the rules of ASL".

Personally I would advice you to choose another game than Omaha as an ATS start.

Panther Line or Advanced Tobruk 3rd. ed. are much better choises but thats just my opinion.

PS: if you order directly from CH, call them to check if Omaha is in stock. Last thing I heard, it's out of stock and no reprint planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lindgaard's right. That's what I meant. Should have been clearer. You will also want to pick up Warfighting Guide #2, as it includes the ATS robot, which is sort of like an AI deck. It takes ATS from "playing yourself" to a more natural solo experience. You can find info in the ATS Innovations forum on the critical hit site. Its pretty cool, actually. It cuts down the choices you make for your opponent to a minimum while keeping the feel of a tactical war game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think starting smaller with ATS is a good idea as other's here have said. I would point out though that there are 16 smaller scenarios for Bloody Omaha covering a variety of actions from beach landings to attacking further inland.

If you've got the money this is a fantastic game but then so are many ATS titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I went ahead and ordered the game. Trial by fire!!devil

Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.