Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slawomir Krupa
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to recommend buying this excellent expansion - The Gathering Storm is really worth this couple of dollars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir Krupa
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robot mat is not enough to play single with different starting worlds.
You need also 14 counters - for solitare game to play Gathering Storm, and another 4 counters to play solitare Rebel vs Imperium. You need also (as you know) 2 custom dices (you can use 2 d6, but you must remeber what every number on them means).

Better option IMO are solitare rules: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/31272
I recommend Jeff Kunkel's Solitaire version after 2 edit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend, instead of making your own, purchasing the expansion.

I further recommend pulling down Keldon's sanctioned AI and trying that as a 'solo' experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mettle
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, purchasing the expansion would be optimal... however I don't have the $$ right now, and I have RFTG fever

The other solitaire rules were okay, but I think I like the idea of a robot better.

I have Keldon's AI... while very good and fun to play, I enjoy playing with real cards and not on the computer, though it'll still scratch that itch from time to time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Megamaniac wrote:
Robot mat is not enough to play single with different starting worlds.
You need also 14 counters - for solitare game to play Gathering Storm, and another 4 counters to play solitare Rebel vs Imperium. You need also (as you know) 2 custom dices (you can use 2 d6, but you must remeber what every number on them means).

Better option IMO are solitare rules: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/31272
I recommend Jeff Kunkel's Solitaire version after 2 edit.
not to mention you need the expansion cards themselves. I suppose you could just wing it and only use the homeworlds from the base game and just do a custom robot variant.

Megamaniac wrote:
I want to recommend buying this exellent expansion -The Gathering Storm is really worth this couple of dollars.
Slight exaggeration coming from Mr. obvious I know; $25 isn't exactly a bank-breaker, but it still ain't chump change either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.