Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Schwendemann
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So last night I'm teaching 4 new players the game, and along the way 4 of the 5 end up in the brig. On the 5th player's turn, he reveals as a cylon. Let's not talk about the advisibility of such a strategy or not, but

Who becomes the Admiral? The only non-brigged character is a revealed cylon.

I didn't search the FAQs, but I'm headed there next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Wales
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I will cut ya!
badge
Puuuurrrrrrrrrrrr
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure it goes to the highest ranking officer in the brig. Same with the president.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
In the event all humans are in the brig, then the highest in line to be admiral would be admiral. First out gets to take the title away as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Tredogg wrote:
I am pretty sure it goes to the highest ranking officer in the brig. Same with the president.

Not true for the President. Going to jail does not remove the president's title. So whoever held it when they went in keeps it until some event changes that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ says it is the highest ranked character in the brig for the Admiral. It's not a problem with the president since there is no problem with having a president in the brig anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arkies walker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
hi iam looking for board game manufacturer company to produce my board game invention

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
arkiesw2 wrote:
hi iam looking for board game manufacturer company to produce my board game invention

hi. i'm looking to eat lunch soon. i'm hungry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slyde wrote:
arkiesw2 wrote:

hi. i'm looking to eat lunch soon. i'm hungry.

Hi i'm looking for Padma Lakshmi's home telephone number. I am pretty sure it has a 0 or a 2 in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Tredogg wrote:

Not true for the President. Going to jail does not remove the president's title. So whoever held it when they went in keeps it until some event changes that.
ColtsFan76 wrote:
In the event all humans are in the brig, then the highest in line to be admiral would be admiral. First out gets to take the title away as well.

That's the trade off between the 2 titles in terms of holding on to them.

With President, you get to hold on to it even in the brig. However, it can be taken away in an instance with the Administration location on Colonial One. And that's not even counting Saul Tigh's OPG power Declare Martial Law which uses an action to transfer it to the admiral, or several crisis cards which call for a transfer of this title.

Admiral loses the title if he gets brigged. Only exception is if he still turns out to be the admiral even AFTER being brigged (still the highest line in succession after all are brigged). However, there isn't any other way for the admiral to lose this title (AFAIK).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ackmondual wrote:
However, there isn't any other way for the admiral to lose this title (AFAIK).

Ellen Tigh might have something to say about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Or the President. Declare Mutiny anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
pseudotheist wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Or the President. Declare Mutiny anyone?

Yep, the Quorum card "Encourage Mutiny" would work. I was also thinking there may be specific events on Crisis cards that would present itself as well.

But it only looks like events take the President's title away. I don't have the Pegasus text with me today so I can't search that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

I haven't been able to play the expansion yet.

[sigh] Need to do that. Only a matter of time before the base game and expansion become merged and inseparable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Ellen in a 4p game this past weekend. It turned out the Admiral was the other human player, so I never had an occasion to use her OPG ability. She was a fun character to play anyway, because her ongoing ability was very cool. I just kept buddying up with the Admiral and passing him a card so I could draw two. We were never hurting for cards.

Oh, and we won (barely). I had to pull the trigger on a FTL jump at -3 when we only had 2 population. Galactica had four damage, and the cylons would get two more turns before we could auto jump. The admiral helped the roll by 2 and I rolled a 6!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But it only looks like events take the President's title away. I don't have the Pegasus text with me today so I can't search that.

Saul Tigh: Declare Martial Law: Once per game, give the President title to the Admiral. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ryudoowaru wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Saul Tigh: Declare Martial Law: Once per game, give the President title to the Admiral. :-)

No, I am aware of that.

We were looking to see if events took away the admiral title. So what I meant was "it looks like events only take away the President's title (not the Admiral's)" not "only events take away the President's title."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

No, I am aware of that.

We were looking to see if events took away the admiral title. So what I meant was "it looks like events only take away the President's title (not the Admiral's)" not "only events take away the President's title."
Well, there are plenty of Crises that brig or execute people, but I don't think there are any that say "Admiral title is passed to next in line".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.