Subject: Wonder bonuses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
I am not sure what the bonus icons at the bottom of Wonder cards denote. For example, with the Hanging Gardens there is one culture icon and two happy faces. Does this mean every turn while I have the Hanging Gardens I gain one culture point and two happy faces? Or is it a one-time bonus? Or something else? The rules aren't clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:
I am not sure what the bonus icons at the bottom of Wonder cards denote. For example, with the Hanging Gardens there is one culture icon and two happy faces. Does this mean every turn while I have the Hanging Gardens I gain one culture point and two happy faces? Or is it a one-time bonus? Or something else? The rules aren't clear.

One additional CP per turn, indicated by moving your marker one space forward on the CP production track. Two happy faces toward your overall happy-face count, indicated by moving a marker to the left on the happy face track on your player mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sinclair
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you have the Wonder completed, it provides you with the benefits/detriments at the bottom of the card. Therefore, The Hanging Gardens would give you two happy faces (move your happiness indicator left two happy faces) and one culture point (increase your culture indicator by one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Just so I've got this straight:

As long as I have the Hanging Gardens I get:

1 culture point per turn
2 happy faces (but not extra per turn, just adds to my tally)

Is that correct?

I only just got this game and have read through the rules twice and played a simple game simulation solo. Learning the ropes of what looks like a great game. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henric Fröberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Seize the Road
badge
For Captain Hammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a great game

Yes, your interpretation is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottom-of-card bonuses are always static (one-time)

Civil or Military Actions
Happy Faces
Military Strength
Yellow or Blue Tokens
Culture
Science

This becomes clear once you consider that bonuses to science/culture are static, one-time bonuses to your science/culture rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Gotcha, thanks all! :meeple:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:

Happy Faces
Military Strength
Yellow or Blue Tokens
Culture
Science

This becomes clear once you consider that bonuses to science/culture are static, one-time bonuses to your science/culture rating.

This would make sense if there were such a thing as "resource rating" or "food rating". I think the icons are a bit confusing in the area as to which are one-time bonuses and which are per turn, although for each icon it is consistently one or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, are there non-farm, non-mine cards which provide resources per turn?

No, I don't think so. These two types of cards are treated differently in many ways, their icons at the bottom being just one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
out4blood wrote:

Happy Faces
Military Strength
Yellow or Blue Tokens
Culture
Science

This would make sense if there were such a thing as "resource rating" or "food rating". I think the icons are a bit confusing in the area as to which are one-time bonuses and which are per turn, although for each icon it is consistently one or the other.

Maybe it's graphical semantics (graphantics? graphics?), but I wouldn't consider those symbols on production cards to be "bottom-of-card bonuses." The same applies to military tech cards. When I say "military strength" bottom-of-card bonuses, I refer to things like Caesar's bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.