BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Armies of Oblivion, Which One? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently there are two or three different versions of Armies of Oblivion for ASL and I was just wondering what the differences are and which one is the better one to get.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The only differences are the maps that they come with. There was one version that was put up for preorder that contained no maps, it was meant for the ASL fanatics that had already purchased the maps seperately. There was another version put up for preorder that had the thick mounted maps. The other version had the thin cardstock maps. There were no other differences between the versions. All are currently out of stock.

Which one you want will depend on what ASL maps you currently own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordStrabo wrote:
The other version had the thin cardstock maps.

And this is the standard version. You're quite unlikely to find the others anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even the standard one is becoming scarce. Most of the places I was looking at that had it a month or two ago are now out of stock, including the place I ordered it from.

I believe MMP plans to reprint this "soon" but that "soon" can be a anywhere from a year or longer. If you find it, grab it even if you're not sure you'll want it since you won't lose anything if you need to resell it if you decide it's not for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.