Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Introduction:
I occasionally play party games and while most are just awful, I still always try to give them a chance when somebody brings one out. Sometimes they are just really, really bad.

Components:
A stack of very cheap cards, each with three true or false statements on them. The answers are only true or false. Unfortunately, many of the questions beg for some kind of explanation of why it is true or false, at least for general knowledge. Some of the cards have more than the three basic questions and are the source of the only "game" part of the game.

Each player also gets two cards, one labeled Fact, one labeld Crap.

In addition, there are two hundred of the cheapest counters (chips) I have ever seen and one timer.

Rules:
Each player starts with ten chips.

One player reads the three statements on the card while the other players answer. The first person to answer gets two chips if they get it right, and lose two if they get it wrong. Every other player just gets one or loses one depending on their own answer.

After the first reader is done, the next player draws a card and reads the statements.

The only deviation occurs when a Rush Hour card is drawn. In this case, the reader selects a single player to answer the questions. The timer is flipped, and the answerer has to respond to as many questions as possible. For each correct answer they get a chip, while for each wrong one the reader gets a chip.

The game ends either with the last player standing or when the pile of chips runs out.

Thoughts:
The game is just bad. There is no planning or strategy of any kind: just answer a ton of True/False statements. The variation of the Rush Hour just means the reader picks the weakest player to answer the questions. The fact that the game officially does not end until the entire pile of chips runs out, means it can go on for a long time. Assuming a four player game, where every player is correct every time means at least 14 cards will be used in the game. As no one ever gets everything right, the game usually ends up stagnating as players slowly eat into the massive pile of counters.

Plus, there are only 250 cards in the game. If you are going through 14 cards (at a minimum), you are still burning through them relatively quickly. That doesn't really matter as it is unlikely you will want to play this game more than once.

2/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumb because the title made me chortle in my cube at work. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Easton
United States
Casey
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My comment on the game pretty much agrees.

"Well, it was the latter."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash Justice
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Easy rule change: When a player answers a question wrong they put the token back in the box and out of the game, that way that pile in the middle gradually gets smaller and the game ends faster.

By no means does this rule turn it into an amazing game, but it ensures it won't overstay its welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.