Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Bernard
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Standard contact rules say that after contact, movement must be carried out so it moves toward the outer lane, ignoring any overtaking penalties. The rules also say that you can end your movement on an inner lane if movement would end on another bike. The Question: can you overtake multiple bikes that are on the outside during your movement?

2. The expert rules say "Bikes that, after a contact, end their movement in a position on a corner tile, if they were leaning must now be put in a straight stance." The Question: Does this jsut mean that after a contact into a curve, you will always be straight? If not, please provide an example of when you would be leaning on a straight tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1) I believe so but do not know for sure.

2) Yes, it should mean that you straighten your bike in a curve. You should always lean in a corner to avoid a penalty. Straightening is the penalty.

In the straights, you should already be straightened. The penalty there is popping the wheelie. There shouldn't be a time where you lean on the straights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can there only be contact in a curve because the bikes are leaning) and not on a straight (because the bikes are standing straight up)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
1. I would assume from reading that rules that you can, but with movement from only one die available, you'll be lucky to even pass a single bike (except the one you may have just won the 'braking duel' with). I don't understand why one would get to ignore overtaking penalites, I think I would change that to apply overtaking penalties into the turn.

2. I thin Brian's answer is correct.

Quote:
Can there only be contact in a curve (because the bikes are leaning) and not on a straight (because the bikes are standing straight up)?

Technically, contact occurs on the last straight into a corner (braking), or the first straight out of a corner (accelerating).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.