Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So lemme see:

1.) A blog post by someone not actually in the administration
2.) And someone who was never actually a paid employee of the Obama campaign
2.) Which was posted on Dec. 29th, before Obama was actually, like, in charge of the government and stuff
4.) Which managed to go unnoticed, which isn't that surprising because mostly this guy posts in Polish, or cut-and-pastes Wikipedia articles about Polish things
5.) And as soon as someone complained about a private citizen posting inflammatory material to Organizing For America, which as eagle-eyed forum posters here have pointed out is not actually part of the government, it was taken down within the day

OH MY GOD THE SCANDAL!!!!11!!!!one!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was posted Dec 2008 in a section entitled "Community Blogs" with this caveat:

Quote:
Content on blogs in My.BarackObama represents the opinions of community members and in no way should be interpreted as endorsed or approved by the campaign.

If you're really curious, you can read the rest of this "Polish American" blog and it's anti-Israel postings. Er, I mean, WHY DOES OBAMA HATE ISRAEL?!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha.. You guys are rich. I can write a blog and say whatever I wish on that site. You notice the:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/lechbajan/gGxKnn

That isn't the "main" blog, that is an individuals blog. I can do the same thing right now and state Santa Claus rapes little boys, and show it to you. You could do the same in 4 clicks of the mouse. You guys "really" need to get off those sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
^ Wonder why it was taken down, then? I mean, if it's not a big deal.

What is "because a bunch of dumbasses decided to blame Barack Obama personally for it," Alex?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
Haha.. You guys are rich. I can write a blog and say whatever I wish on that site. You notice the:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/lechbajan/gGxKnn

That isn't the "main" blog, that is an individuals blog. I can do the same thing right now and state Santa Claus rapes little boys, and show it to you.

Could you go do that? Right now, I mean. Then give us a link.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/michaelchapel/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
President Obama called Drew dumb!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

(Did you just photoshop a page? Where's the link I asked for?)

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/michaelchapel/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Obama hates me. I knew it!

I'm so proud.

(Did you just photoshop a page? Where's the link I asked for?)

Nah... he obviously just thinks you are dumb. You can think someone is dumb and not hate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
A CapAp Recap™:

2:37pm - Conservative RSPer finds (or more likely, is pointed at by rabid right-wing media) something he doesn't like with the word OBAMA printed on it.

2:37pm - Conservative RSPer posts trouble to RSP, assuming rewards and accolades will befall him.

2:56 - Conservative RSPer begins to sass RSP, feeling a little high on his success.

2:57 - Liberal RSPer admonishes conservative RSPer; warns that even the slightest amount of insvestigation will reveal entire event as a sham.

3:01 - Conservative RSPer says "oh yeah? Prove it."

3:04 - Liberal RSPer figuratively bitch-slaps conservative RSPer into oblivion.

3:08 - Conservative RSPer says he can't program his VCR.

3:10 - Liberal RSPer programs his VCR for him.

All in all, one of our better threads, I thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
So lemme see:

1.) A blog post by someone not actually in the administration
2.) And someone who was never actually a paid employee of the Obama campaign
2.) Which was posted on Dec. 29th, before Obama was actually, like, in charge of the government and stuff
4.) Which managed to go unnoticed, which isn't that surprising because mostly this guy posts in Polish, or cut-and-pastes Wikipedia articles about Polish things
5.) And as soon as someone complained about a private citizen posting inflammatory material to Organizing For America, which as eagle-eyed forum posters here have pointed out is not actually part of the government, it was taken down within the day

OH MY GOD THE SCANDAL!!!!11!!!!one!!!

Right--exactly.

I sense that President Obama is not a friend of Israel that some might hope for. But Drew, the scenario you describe is pretty much the best that one can hope for when a stranger puts words in one's mouth. Such rantings are not in the character of Obama and the posting is about as connected to Obama as it is to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Do you lend your name and personal logo and therefore tacit approval to someone else's yammerings? Should the President?

If this guy made one post and then it got yanked, that would be one thing. He apparently makes anti-Semitic comments regularly. I guess if I was an actual Obama-supporter I would be upset that this kind of stuff happens in the President's name. Some of you don't seem to be that bothered by it.

Way to make lemonade there Drew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I guess if I was an actual Obama-supporter I would be upset that this kind of stuff happens in the President's name. Some of you don't seem to be that bothered by it.

Another possibility is that if you were a supporter (or at least not a strong opponent) you might recognize a community site that enables individual blogs for what it is -- a place where people express their own views and where those views are not necessarily held by anyone else. Thus, rather than being upset that this kind of stuff "happens in the President's name" you would realize that it's not in his name at all.

As for why it got taken down, I imagine it's for much the same reason that posts get removed from forums all over the Internet. Someone considered it objectionable, referred it to whatever moderators exist and they deleted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Wonder why it took ten months . . . ???

Obama is very busy... forum moderator is very low on his priority list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lebanon
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Drew, one can criticize Israel and be outright against its very existence without being antisemite, I think you should know that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lebanon
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
AT 22 wrote:
Drew, one can criticize Israel and be outright against its very existence without being antisemite, I think you should know that.

How does that work, then?

It works pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
AT 22 wrote:

The same was that some can be criticize President Obama and be against him being president and not be anti-black man. Is that possible Drew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Yeah, the fact that Barack Obama's name is all over the blog, as well as his instantly-recognized logo, means that he has nothing to do with it.

Drew: 1. Straw man: 0.

Quote:
I can't imagine why anyone would think there was a connection between this idiot anti-Semite and the Obama administration. CAN YOU?!

The connection is no more than "this idiot anti-Semite formed a blog on the Obama site that allows individuals to form their own blogs".

There are also probably some people who have made blogs advocating conservative positions...do you think that implies that Obama advocates those positions?

Quote:
As for why it got taken down, I imagine it's for much the same reason that posts get removed from forums all over the Internet. Someone considered it objectionable, referred it to whatever moderators exist and they deleted it.

Wonder why it took ten months . . . ???[/q]

There are tons and tons of blogs on that site and probably no one whose job it is to go out looking for offensive stuff, so it probably took until it got brought to someone's attention.

It's like if someone violates BGG rules in a thread and no one complains and no admit reads the thread...it could sit around indefinitely. Then someone notices it and makes a stink, an admin checks it out...and poof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Kafka wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
AT 22 wrote:

The same was that some can be criticize President Obama and be against him being president and not be anti-black man. Is that possible Drew?

It's sad that you think those things are remotely comparable.

It's incomprehensible that you do not Drew. Israel is a political entity. Being against Israel's existence does not in any way imply that all Israelis should be done away with and if you cannot fathom that then you really need to read a little more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Kafka wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Kafka wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
AT 22 wrote:

It's sad that you think those things are remotely comparable.

It's incomprehensible that you do not Drew. Israel is a political entity. Being against Israel's existence does not in any way imply that all Israelis should be done away with and if you cannot fathom that then you really need to read a little more.

I do not equate criticism of the president with being against the president's very existence. You do. That's why I find it sad and pitiable.

YOU DO NOT DESERVE A JACQUES TATI AVATAR! angry

The President is a PERSON not a political entity. The PRESIDENCY is a political entity and this is the comparison I was making. I think it it perfectly possible to be against the PRESIDENCY of Barack Obama and not be anti-black. It is also possible to be against the political entity that is the State of Israel without being anti-Semitic. There are very valid reason one might be against the state of Israel that have NOTHING to do with the religion of the majority of the people who live there.

As for my avatar.. you do realize that Tati was French right? I thought you right-wingers hated all things French. Regardless, I suggest you petition the BGG admins to have it stripped from me since you think I don't "deserve" it. See where that gets you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
This is cool. I'm going to use this for my own nefarious purposes.

Now, I am researching this, and it appears that MyBarackObama is no longer run by the President's campaign engine. At some point (pre or post-December) it was handed over to the DNC. So it's not Obama who's anti-Semitic. It's the DNC. Gotcha.

However, I wonder why he'd lend his personal logo to this blog; which is demonstrably ripe for abuse. I know you guys want to distance the President from this, but there's his logo, there's his name, there's his organization . . .

So let me understand. Anything posted on a blog site by a user represents the values and goals of the blog host or sponsor, unless deleted?

That sounds like rather an odd assertion?

So does everything we post in a BGG forum mean that Aldie and BGG are in support of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
The answer is yes.

Unless, of course, one tried to bring a lawsuit against the site hosts or operators based on content that other people not connected to the site hosts or operators posted. Then the answer would be "no."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lebanon
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Your whole premise is based on an alleged "anti semitism" but I don't see any of it. Can you explain to me what exactly was antisemite in the remains of that blog?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Wonder why it took ten months . . . ???

Obama is very busy... forum moderator is very low on his priority list.

I wonder if he's hiring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
I wonder if he's hiring...

I'd keep an eye on this Chapel character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Drew1365 wrote:
See: http://www.israpundit.com/2008/?p=17346

The post itself has now been removed, but many blogs have retained a snapshot for posterity.

So . . . does the President know that his blog's editors are posting stuff like this? Does he approve? Why did it get taken down? Because he didn't approve or because it was important to hide this?

Yet another example of this administration opening its mouth without thinking through the implications of what it says. This administration is getting famous for that. shake

No American administration can excuse away the shocking irony of the modern-day Iaraelis' imposition of ghetto-ization policies on the Palestinians that are not only evocative of those imposed on the Jews by the Nazis during World War II but also are essentially a de-facto revisiting of those same malignant policies in modern dress, right down to that huge wall that the Israelis built to seal off the Palestians, an all too disturbingly evocation of the walls that sealed off Jewish ghettoes during World War II.

And if that weren't enough, when Israeli troops and tanks take on both unarmed Palestians and Palestinians armed with rocks in the streets of Palestinian towns and cities, not only does David and Goliath come to mind but also how the Nazi tanks and troops of General Stroop appeared when taking on the Jewish survivors and fighters of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising as well.

Moreover, how callously unthinking and disingenuous can a nation get when it claims moral outrage because of the crimes and immoral practices perpetrated upon them during World War II while at the same time they implement some, if not most, of those very same de-facto immoral crimes and policies upon others today?

Of course, many, if not most, rightwing/conservative evangelical Christians aren't concerned in the least about the plight of the Palestinians anyway because they (rightwing/conservative evangelical Christians) openly and not-so-openly advocate the dismantling and/or destruction of the entire Palestinian state and its people -- especially the Mosque on the Mount in Jerusalem (site of the former Jewish Temple of Solomon -- in order that their interpretation of End-Times Biblical prophecy might be fulfilled and Armageddon can get underway.

So, Drew, why aren't you equally as vociferous about those outrages? Indeed, why the silence?

Moreover, on balance, the comparison made by the Obama-administration blog writer was not only historically qualified but also *disturbingly valid.*

For more information about how conservative/rightwing Christian Evangelicals are purposefully and proactively working both openly in politics and behind the scenes in surreptitious ways to try to spark off all-out Armageddon and the End Times, check out the excerpt from the book "On The Road To Armageddon: How Evangelicals Became Israel's Best Friend" by Timothy B. Weber at: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/End-Times/On-Th...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.