Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted these over at CSW and nobody is biting, so I thought I would try here too:

6.63: "...that unit must add one (+1) to its Disorder DR (see 6.62)." - That should be a -1 since you're trying to roll a 4 or higher, right?

10.0: "Stacked units in Close Formation that wish to change to Open must first unstack (as part of movement, 6.63)." Go over to 6.63 and it says that the unstacking happens "as part of the Formation Change". Moving and changing formation are two separate actions - a unit cannot do both. Which is correct?

10.0: The first bullet says that infantry/cavalry can stack with any artillery unit(s) - which is plural - but the second bullet says that no other units can stack with a group of up to four artillery. Is the intent that one infantry or cavalry unit can stack with one artillery unit, or that up to 4 artillery can stack together with no infantry or cavalry? I know it says this in the unofficial FAQ but I just wonder if that had been confirmed.

11.41: This rule says that smoke is placed if no smoke marker is present within two hexes of the company that is firing. I don't understand what the two-hex range has to do with anything. When a company fires, smoke is placed on the leader of that command and affects subsequent fire from other In Command companies that are part of that same command. It either affects the entire command or it doesn't, right? How does range to other units come into play?

12.24: This paragraph says you take Cohesion Hits for suffering Reduced or Eliminated results. There's no such thing as an Eliminated result. Did you mean Reduced or Disordered results?

12.5: If you have two units attacking one defender, one through the front and one through the flank, then the attacker gets a total of 6 SF for positional advantage (3 for each unit), correct? I assume that isn't cumulative with the first bullet for positional advantage that awards 2 SF to a unit attacking through the flank.

12.63: "The Counterattack is resolved as any other Shock but is considered part of the original attack in terms of when it is resolved." Is that basically saying that it is resolved before the drop to the attacker's Shock Status level is applied?

12.83: This rules says that you get a Flight Point adjustment for artillery that is Dragged Away. But 14.0 does not mention anything about Dragged Awar artillery, only artillery that is captured by the enemy. I assume it's a -1?

Hobkirk's Hill setup: The NY Dragoons are listed as starting in Column formation, but cavalry doesn't use formations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lewis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
6.63: "...that unit must add one (+1) to its Disorder DR (see 6.62)." - That should be a -1 since you're trying to roll a 4 or higher, right?

It should be -1; it's to account for moving to the adjacent hex.

Quote:
10.0: "Stacked units in Close Formation that wish to change to Open must first unstack (as part of movement, 6.63)." Go over to 6.63 and it says that the unstacking happens "as part of the Formation Change". Moving and changing formation are two separate actions - a unit cannot do both. Which is correct?

It should read "(see 6.63)." The reference in 10.0 is just to clarify and give a reference point back to 6.63, for Formation changes from Close to Open.

Quote:
10.0: The first bullet says that infantry/cavalry can stack with any artillery unit(s) - which is plural - but the second bullet says that no other units can stack with a group of up to four artillery. Is the intent that one infantry or cavalry unit can stack with one artillery unit, or that up to 4 artillery can stack together with no infantry or cavalry? I know it says this in the unofficial FAQ but I just wonder if that had been confirmed.

One Infantry or one Cavalry can occupy or move through a hex containing 1 - 3 Artillery units; if the hex has 4 Artillery units, that hex is maxed out on stacking, so to speak. (And yes, we know that 50 don't take up as much space as 1 Artillery piece and its limber and men; it's just to set a limit.)

Quote:
11.41: This rule says that smoke is placed if no smoke marker is present within two hexes of the company that is firing. I don't understand what the two-hex range has to do with anything. When a company fires, smoke is placed on the leader of that command and affects subsequent fire from other In Command companies that are part of that same command. It either affects the entire command or it doesn't, right? How does range to other units come into play?

It should read: If any In Command Infantry unit Fires, and its Leader is not currently under a Smoke marker, place a Smoke marker with the Leader at the end of the unit's Activation. The two-hex thing was a part of earlier rules version that had each unit getting a Smoke marker. We changed it to cut down on counter clutter. The two-hex sentence should also be removed from 11.42. Out of Command units that Fire get a Smoke marker on their unit.

12.24: This paragraph says you take Cohesion Hits for suffering Reduced or Eliminated results. There's no such thing as an Eliminated result. Did you mean Reduced or Disordered results?

Should read: "Reduced or Reduced AND Disordered results." Reduced and Disordered meaning the result when the Adjusted DR is 6+ on the FRT.

Quote:
12.5: If you have two units attacking one defender, one through the front and one through the flank, then the attacker gets a total of 6 SF for positional advantage (3 for each unit), correct? I assume that isn't cumulative with the first bullet for positional advantage that awards 2 SF to a unit attacking through the flank.

Correct.

Quote:
12.63: "The Counterattack is resolved as any other Shock but is considered part of the original attack in terms of when it is resolved." Is that basically saying that it is resolved before the drop to the attacker's Shock Status level is applied?

No, it's done after the Attacker's Shock Status is Dropped. The counterattack is done immediately, not during the Defender's next Activation, etc. The counterattack is also optional, as stated in 12.63.

Quote:
12.83: This rules says that you get a Flight Point adjustment for artillery that is Dragged Away. But 14.0 does not mention anything about Dragged Awar artillery, only artillery that is captured by the enemy. I assume it's a -1?

Should be added. -1 FP for Dragged Away Abandoned Artillery.

Quote:
Hobkirk's Hill setup: The NY Dragoons are listed as starting in Column formation, but cavalry doesn't use formations.

Correct. Should not have Column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea bortolotti
Italy
noceto
parma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
In this scenario, i don't understand who's the 1st & the 2nd VA regiment because they're named Green & Hawes...
Bye
Totola

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Greasy
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totola wrote:
Hi,
In this scenario, i don't understand who's the 1st & the 2nd VA regiment because they're named Green & Hawes...
Bye
Totola

...same here, I could not figure that one out -which are the VA regulars?

By the way, this seems to be an awesome yet simply game. Can't wait to try my first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea bortolotti
Italy
noceto
parma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems simply, but rules are not clear...
Bye
Totola

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Greasy
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totola wrote:
Seems simply, but rules are not clear...
Bye
Totola

Ok, "simple"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea bortolotti
Italy
noceto
parma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right!
Bye
Totola

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.