Popular Tags: [View All]
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Having a great time with this game. I just started my first attempt at The first wave and I have some early questions.

1. Can any number of units engage in a single attack as long as they meet the proper criteria and still consider the attack a single action? i.e. can an adjacent infantry unit + a tank within range + a 4-3 anti aircraft unit all attack a WN hex as one action?.

2. How does one determine who gets hit by enemy fire if both units are in heavy fire hexes and are full strength?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, I think so. They are each taking an action so will have to "source" that action from somewhere. One of the two divisional actions, free actions, etc.

2. There are priorities in the rules for who takes the hits. If that doesn't resolve it, you choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Doug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Summers
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wait are we sure that's right?

In 7.0 it says, "each turn you may select two US units or stacks in each division each of which may conduct one action".

Plus 8.13 says "each unit participating in an attack against a single German-occupied hex must conduct an action in order to participate in the attack.

So my read on this is that each unit/stack participating in an attack requires a separate action.

For heavy (intense) fire the order of priority is: US unit closest to firing position, unit with most steps, then you choose (see 6.31) and see caveat of 6.34 re: must attempt to hit most units possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
moriarty88 wrote:
So my read on this is that each unit/stack participating in an attack requires a separate action.

Yes, I think we're saying the same thing. Any unit can participate in the attack (provided it can... range, etc), as long as it picks up an action from somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Summers
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, my bad - I should have read your whole response. I thought you were saying 'yes' to the single action part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Each unit participating in an attack must spend an action (8.13), with the exception that two units in the same hex attacking the same target costs just one action (7.21).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so the answer to my original question is that each attacking unit must count its own participation in the attack as one action. So for instance if there are no free actions to attack among them then the maximum number of participants in the attack is two hexes worth of units.

Excellent,

Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.