Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm into my third mission now and I've been loving it, but I'm a little curious to see what others have to say about snap fire and its uses. So far the only times I've really used it were to shoot at vehicles since the modifiers are so favorable.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I rarely use snap fire.

When I've got a wounded soldier who needs to change his stance, then I use the move/snap fire action.

I also use snap fire when I would only hit on a 1 or 0 with aimed fire (but only with rifles), or when I would pretty much hit automatically, because then rolling a 9 would be fatal, since the target soldier very likely has an equally high chance of hitting. Both cases are rather rare though.

Move/charge assault is an action, however, I use more frequently than the standard assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like using snap fire on one target when the chances of at least one hit is greater with the two snaps than with just one aimed fire.

I also like to use snap-fire when firing on two different enemies at short range. I'd rather take a 40% chance to hit two enemies than a 60% chance to just hit one and be exposed to fire from the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.