Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the downloadable version of FH, and noticed some apparent omissions in the rules. It looks as though when changing to the third edition series rules, some module-specific rules were removed from the series rules, but they didn't then make it into the module rules. (or did I just miss something??)

I extracted the following rules from the FH demo rules:

1. Smoke Capability

FH demo rules list the following capabilities:

US: 3
NVA: 2
VC: 1
ARVN: 1

2. US Advisors and Chaplains

SMCs unique to FH. From the FH demo rules:

11.5 Chaplains
The courage of combat chaplains is legendary. Many accompanied the troops to the battle, frequently risking their own life to rescue the wounded or console a shaken soldier.

Lock ‘n Load chaplains have Leadership ratings just like Leaders. These ratings may only be used to rally troops and not to assist in a Damage Check. Chaplains may not attempt to Spot enemy units.

Chaplains do not attack or defend in Melee. If during Melee all friendly MMCs and Melee eligible SMCs in the same hex as the Chaplain are eliminated; the Chaplain is removed from play.

11.6 Advisors
Throughout the war in Vietnam, the Americans provided advisors to the ARVN. An Advisor has morale and movement ratings. An Advisor raises the morale of all ARVN units it is stacked with by one (1). Advisors may Spot and fire Support Weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, sorry. I'll change those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.