Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to the community,

Certain expansions such as Beasts and Bandits, Traps and Terrors, Weapons of Legend and Rituals and Runes simply instruct you to shuffle the cards into the appropriate decks.

I'd just like to know if some of you take out a matching number of cards first before adding in the new ones.

For example, Traps and Terrors adds 30 new adventure cards. Do you first take out a total of 30 adventure cards from the corresponding adventure stacks in the core set, or do you just shuffle the new cards in, thus perhaps making for a longer game altogether?

Thanks for any advice or opinions you might have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
For most of them, you simply shuffle them in with the rest of the cards. Of course, the card stack becomes (almost) unmanageably tall, and you may never see those new cards you just bought! So we now put the new cars on top of the card stacks so we get to play them at least once, in a group (so we can see how we like them), before shuffling them in with the rest of the cards and putting the game away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A sensible alternative!
Thanks to you for the prompt reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
It varies to a certain extent on how much you want the theme of the new expansion to shine through, and also how you feel about the individual deck.

Example: I bought Dark Forest challenges & Walkers of the Wild allies & weapons, and since they are pretty well thematically matched I used those 2 decks by themselves until they ran out, then went with the base decks.

Alternative example: After trying the decks, I decided I wasn't happy with the selection of weapons in Walkers of the Wild by itself. Especially for some of the attack specialties (I think ranged was one of them). So now I prefer to mix that deck in with the base. But I still sometimes use Dark Forest by itself first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Yours truly.

I just wanted to have a better idea of how you guys incorporated the expansion decks into the core set.

I think I'll go along with your suggestion and see how the games play out.
It's the very flexibility of this game that makes replayability such a pleasure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually keep the base deck to itself, and there are several other decks which I mix together, so the expansions are one deck, and the base deck is it's own deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zebro
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just mixed them all together.
Its always a surprise when encountering the adventure cards.

As for the market deck, I just split it in two and when drawing cards you can take from either pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.