Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian O'Farrell
Ireland
Sandyford
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the excellent Mr. President two Saturday evenings ago with Adam, http://boardgamegeek.com/user/cthulahoops.
We decided to play it 2 player as a 4 player game. This was my third game of Mr. President, both times I had played & won as the Democrats. I represented the (Southern) Democrat party again, whilst Adam was my new challenger for the Republicans.

The Democrat ticket favoured Big State & Advertising with Press support, whilst the Republicans went for hard campaigning, Debating, Small State candidates.

(Democrat's hand size was only 6 vs Republican 10, hence campaigning comment, both Rep were 4+ issue debaters, whilst Dem were 7+ advertisers)

The campaign focused heavily around the Mid West, with late flurries in the South. The Democrats with their top of the ticket being the New York Governor looked to have a decisive lead in the East, whilst Republicans were left largely uncontested in the West.

There was only one debate in the election which was won by Democrat VP, Governor of Illinois. Giving a powerful advantage to the absentee voting.

This is where the election was swung. The Democrats attacked California heavily in this phase of the election, whilst the Republicans were unable to register any votes in Texas.

With the Democrats risked all on CA, abandoning large swathes of the South & Mid West to the New Republican party, the election swung on the final big states.

But with no contest in Texas, backed up by victory in all the big states in the East & splitting the Mid West the election was decisively won with Ca going Democrat.

Looking back after the game, we see that this was the election where the Democrats became a fly over party of big cities, whilst the Republicans became the new party of the South and rural areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.