Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to
http://czechgames.com/files/
(which I'm not sure is accessible on purpose)
You can find a few images starting with space_alert_exp_
Among them:
http://czechgames.com/files/space_alert_exp_cover_cz.jpg
and the graphics for a few danger cards.
Watch them while they're available

Edit: Can anyone please translate the name of the expansion from Czech ?

Second edit : It seems that the "files" directory is no longer accessible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
raviv wrote:

My guess is Distant Horizons

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
raviv wrote:

N.

Not many horizons in space
What about Distant Suns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More info please!

New "deck" (board) would be nice with some new things to do among many other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

And some pills to avoid a nervous breakdown for solo players would be very considerate laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raviv wrote:
Yes, but the direct links to the pictures seems to work...

Do you have any more than space_alert_exp_cover_cz.jpg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonjac wrote:
raviv wrote:
Yes, but the direct links to the pictures seems to work...

Do you have any more than space_alert_exp_cover_cz.jpg?

http://czechgames.com/files/space_alert_exp_danger1.jpg
http://czechgames.com/files/space_alert_exp_danger2.jpg
http://czechgames.com/files/space_alert_exp_danger3.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Liggur wrote:
Moviebuffs wrote:
raviv wrote:

N.

Not many horizons in space
What about Distant Suns

It's definitely horizons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now we have a page:
http://czechgames.com/en/space-alert-expansion/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Harald
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow
I'm really hoping it's comming out at Essen, but that's probably an empty hope, as that's about a week away. But I did notice that on the expansion page there is a link at the bottom that says "back to the Essen preview". And that is no typo, it's a SIGN I tell you!

ps. I REALLY hope it comes out at Essen 09.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure it will be there at Essen... 2010.
Come on, with the problems they had at CGE, having to cancel preorders and replace a game with another one at the last minute, the chances of having a Space Alert expansion coming out of nowhere seems to me very close to none.

The best we can hope is maybe a Christmas release...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lubbo Bubbo
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are some news about SA expansion on czech site, that tells it will not be at Essen09. ya im sad 2 cry but we can look forward to new RPG game element! sounds interesting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Murmak
Czech Republic
Kladno
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Codenames ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
CellarDoor wrote:
wow
I'm really hoping it's comming out at Essen, but that's probably an empty hope, as that's about a week away. But I did notice that on the expansion page there is a link at the bottom that says "back to the Essen preview". And that is no typo, it's a SIGN I tell you!

ps. I REALLY hope it comes out at Essen 09.cool

To clarify that:

We were working on Space Alert expansion without an exact release schedule.
The work on the expansion went faster than expected, and soon we a had working prototype we enjoyed a lot with our testers, so, at one moment, we started to consider to have it even for Essen.

However, before we announced the expansion, we checked our production capabilites. We realized, that it would be possible only at cost of serious compromises regards quality. So we decided rather to fully concentrate on our other project, to give the expansion the care it requires. And we have also postponed publishing of PR materials, until we will know more about release date.

And then, you smart guys found the pages and pictures anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Harald
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification (and crushing my hopes cry ). Good call on the quality vs time issue.

Keep up the good work, see you at Essen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Wilson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kreten wrote:

However, before we announced the expansion, we checked our production capabilites. We realized, that it would be possible only at cost of serious compromises regards quality. So we decided rather to fully concentrate on our other project, to give the expansion the care it requires.

As much as I want an expansion, I'm happy you're holding off in favor of a higher-quality release.

While Space Alert is one of my favorite games, the action cards are absolutely terrible. They're extremely thin and flimsy, and after about 50 missions, mine are already getting bent, torn, creased, and faded. After only four months of play, they look worse than cards belonging to games I've owned for years.

If you were to use better quality cardstock in future printings of Space Alert, I'd buy another copy immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They see much heavier use than other cards typically do.
I've just bought sleeves for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Wilson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
They see much heavier use than other cards typically do.

My Dominion set has seen 100+ games now. Even the money and VP cards, which are used every game, are holding up extremely well. And Dominion is a game where a given card could be shuffled 10-15 times during a given play. Similarly, my Munchkin game is years old and has dozens of plays, but the cards are in nearly perfect condition.

I think the Space Alert cards just aren't very well made. The cards are made of really thin stock, and something about the coating makes the edges flake up easily.

azuredarkness wrote:
I've just bought sleeves for them.

I just can't stand playing with sleeves. Also, it's difficult to find appropriately-sized sleeves in the U.S., especially ones with both sides transparent.

I'd love to see linen cards like Fantasy Flight Games uses, but I'd settle for something a little thicker and more durable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Wilson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some information from a Boardgame News interview with Vlaada Chvátil:

Quote:
Can you talk about the upcoming Space Alert expansion? Will it be a big expansion like the one for Galaxy Trucker, or will it be something smaller?

VC: The expansion is in an advanced state of development, but unfortunately it will not be released at Essen this year. It will be a not-as-big-as-the-big-one-yet-still-relatively-big expansion. It will have the similar structure: several parts that can be freely combined to add variety and to adjust the game for your group. For a game like Space Alert, it is even more important.

There is a completely new set of Action Cards (the ones with arrows and actions) that allows an experienced crew to be much more efficient during a mission. And of course new missions that would be almost impossible to solve with the old set of cards.

There will be specializations (Medic, Analytic, Rocket Engineer, etc.) that allow players to perform specific powerful actions during the flight. For RPG fans, there will be an option to create a character, to gain experience and ranks, and to improve their specializations this way. Plus a small bonus for those who like to roleplay every session.

And, of course, there will be lots of new enemies; some will expand the decks already in the game, but there will also be a completely new level of enemies (red difficulty). They are not just stronger -- they use new tricky mechanics (phasing so they can’t be hit in some rounds, switching from one trajectory to another, summoning other threats at certain moments, etc.). It requires much more skill and experience to hunt them down. Some enemies (especially the inner ones) are so mean that many testing groups just start to panic as soon as they appear. You will recall my words if one of those appears when your group plays the game

I can't wait.

My only real problem with Space Alert's design is that there aren't enough threat cards. My group shuffles in all normal/hard threats into every deck, but we still tend to see the same ones too often. Having a bunch of new cards (and a whole new difficulty level!) is going to be amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.