Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Firth
United States
Sanger
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On turn 2 of my current game, the Germans attacked the Grain Elevator. When the Break Test came up the Germans had three dice (one for equal Formations, one for units, and one for Inferno). The Soviets had played Tania Chernova which allows them to steal one Break Die. The Soviets ended up with five dice (one for Formations, three for defense of the Grain Factory, and one stolen). The five to two roll ended up in a Bloody Slaughter. Germans acquired a new die for having more units. Do the Soviets still get five dice on the reroll? Or do they lose the stolen die after the first roll?

When the Germans Consolidate formations and a leader transfers to a newly supplied formation, does it matter if the leader goes from an Infantry to an Armor formation? Couldn't find anything in the rules about it so I guess it's okay.

Thanks. I'm really enjoying this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cunliffe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
The stolen break dice only occurs once but it stays for the duration of the entire Break Test. In your example on the second roll the Germans would now roll three dice to five Soviet Dice. If another Bloody Slaughter occurred and the Germans still had more units they would roll four dice vs five Soviet Dice ect...

To answer your second question, no it does not matter which formation the General goes to. A German General on a Formation that is being Consolidated can be transferred to any type of Formation. When I first started playtested consolidation we experimented with restricting transfer of Generals to similar Formations but unnecessarily restrictive and robbed the Germans of the flexibility they needed to be competitive.

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the game, have a great time and have fun!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.