Subject: Dungeon Twister on the Xbox...release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: video [+] [View All]
Samuel Miuccio
United States
Norristown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My guess is Im about a week early on this post (Worlds is the "unveiling" from what I understand), but I'll try anyway...

Does anyone know when DT will be released on Xbox or have any further details on the game? Im guessing its going to be bought with microsoft points and am hoping its out before the end of the year. Im REALLY looking forward to this as its not a game that hits the table too often with me and my friends, giving me a chance to actually play other people. That, and I would like a chance to play the Europeans, who seemed to have cornered the market on being strategically superior at this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same question, but I'm looking for the PC version.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Miuccio
United States
Norristown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I haven't heard anything about there being a PC version, not sure if there is one coming out or not. DT isnt the only board game on Xbox, Blood Bowl is coming out soon and there are others already there...Settlers and Carcassone for sure, I think Lost Cities and Ticket to Ride are out there also. There's enough out there to consider going Xbox for a quick board game fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
faust3672 wrote:
I haven't heard anything about there being a PC version, not sure if there is one coming out or not. DT isnt the only board game on Xbox, Blood Bowl is coming out soon and there are others already there...Settlers and Carcassone for sure, I think Lost Cities and Ticket to Ride are out there also. There's enough out there to consider going Xbox for a quick board game fix.

Settlers, Carcassone, and Ticket to Ride are all available. I have Lost Cities, but it's not available anymore (the rights changed hands, so it was pulled from the XBL Marketplace).

Blood Bowl drops in December.

I really can't wait for DT on the XBox. I'll be renewing my Live Gold just for DT.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Miuccio
United States
Norristown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
But no clues on when DT for Xbox is coming out Eric, or are you just making us wait until after this weekend?

It was many moons since you and I last played DT, Eric (Origins 07 I think). I look forward to playing you on the Xbox!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
faust3672 wrote:
But no clues on when DT for Xbox is coming out Eric, or are you just making us wait until after this weekend?

If I had a clue, I'd give it to you. Well, if I could. But I don't know - I'm not at all involved with Hydravision.

Quote:
It was many moons since you and I last played DT, Eric (Origins 07 I think). I look forward to playing you on the Xbox!

It has been way too long. It would have been Origins '05 - maybe '06. Those are the only two Origins I have attended so far.

Have I really been active here for that long?

You were the first English-Language DT Champ, weren't you? Back at Origins in '05, before the game was even available? I know Michael Victorine won at GenCon that same year, and I remember you won one of the early tournaments. I just can never remember which one.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
First Public presentation of DT Video Game on XBox was this week-end in France during the World Championship.
All players enjoyed.
Next time, it will be at Essen that you'll be able to playtest DT-Prison, and DT the video Game.
The Video Game is scheduled for begining 2010, shouldn't be later than March 2010.
I tried it and I think it's just incredible and almost perfect
But the little imperfections are being corrected right now by the excellent Hydravision Team, so that you'll get the ost perfect game in a few months.

Happy twist Y'all

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

Will the videogame be released on other platforms or just Xbox?

I would really like a version for the PC.

Thanks,

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've heard (on Left4Dead forums for example) Xbox community is one of the most immature in on-line gaming. Are there any anti-griefing systems for Dungeon Twister?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis F.
France
Orléans
Centre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gheintze wrote:
Hi Chris,

Thanks,

Geoff

the VG will be released on PS3.... and later PC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Twombly
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:
From what I've heard (on Left4Dead forums for example) Xbox community is one of the most immature in on-line gaming. Are there any anti-griefing systems for Dungeon Twister?

In my experience, those who play board games are or higher quality than the kiddies on other types of games. I've had a few people drop out of Catan, but only when the ending was a foregone conclusion. I've had worse experiences on BSW, actually.

Mind you, I play with voice muted. That's easy to change when going from a game with friends to random match-ups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilGoude wrote:
gheintze wrote:
Hi Chris,

Thanks,

Geoff

the VG will be released on PS3.... and later PC

From what Hydravision mentionned this week-end. XbOx around February or March 2010.
PS3 around September. And PC around the same time, I think.
XbOx date is quite definitive.
The others could change...

If the game is successfull 3/4 player and expansions should quickly follow. Hydravision is very very hot on the game they love it, and they wanna make a hit out of it.
They ahve included a tutorial in 20 scenarios to learn all the basics up to the level you guys play. Kind of what I did with the Prison Tutorial, but hey, they don't have a limited number of pages in their rulebook
So the game becomes suddenly opened to a much younegr or less "stratetegic" audience. But still promising to provide exactly the same game to the hardcore DT fans.
So the DT video-game community might be mixed and a lot different than the acutal boardgmae-only community because of all these "helps" from the computer capacities.

Anyway, you'll soon read reports here and there from players who playtested it either at Lille or at Essen in 10 days. Because it will be playable there on our common booth with Hydravision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any possibility to release these 20 scenarios in a boardgame version on a website? It would certainly be nice to adapt all those scenarios to board play.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kronlin
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have an Xbox....

Can we get a Nintendo Wii version? :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one really want to see this one happen. I got so excited when I opened Talisman and read the insert saying it would also be on XBOX Live Arcade.

Another notable one was Alhambra. That was announced in 2006 and still has yet to see the light of day.

Still waiting for it, but never going to see it.

Really hoping this doesn't follow the same path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news - I had no idea this was coming to the Xbox!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Vandermeulen
Belgium
Herent
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, it would be awesome to have a pc version...
I'm anxious to try DT, but I just know that nobody in my gaming group can be lured in.
If this can be shipped/downloaded, I'm getting a copy!

Btw: Is this going to be player vs player only? Or is there going to be some sort of AI aswell?
And what are the plans on network play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm for PC version as well. If there would be only PvP games via official server and no AI it would help to counter piracy issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salems lot wrote:
I for one really want to see this one happen. I got so excited when I opened Talisman and read the insert saying it would also be on XBOX Live Arcade.

Another notable one was Alhambra. That was announced in 2006 and still has yet to see the light of day.

Still waiting for it, but never going to see it.

Really hoping this doesn't follow the same path.

TELL me about it!! I was positively giddy when I got Talisman 4e 1.0 and saw that insert. Then i waited... and waited...and waited... then Tally went to FFG (which is great, mind you) and i knew with it changing hands like that, the XBL version was dead in the water. cry

If anyone from FFG is reading this... PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSE put Talisman on XBL!!!

And to the previous post about the XBL community being immature, there certainly are a lot like that, but, 98% of them do not play boardgames on XBL. They are too busy with Halo or Modern Warfare 2. I haven't had any really bad experiences with TTR, Catan, or Carc online. The only real problem is that there is no real support for the games in the way of expansions. Carc only got River II and King & Baron. TTR fared better with Europe, 1910, and Big Cities. Catan got NOTHING... which is a traveshamockery. Cities and Knights is practically a requirement for Catan.

I downloaded the demo for Lost Cities but never pulled the trigger on buying it and now regret it since it is gone.

All that said, I cannot wait for Dungeon Twister! I think an online game is an ideal format for it. When it releases, feel free to send me an XBL friend request and we'll twist the night away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game was shown on Essen 2009 and will be published on 24th of February. That's the latest news I have. For more information see here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kopernikus wrote:
The game was shown on Essen 2009 and will be published on 24th of February. That's the latest news I have. For more information see here.

If you're using Gamepressure.com for your Feb 24th date, don't. Gamepressure said "January 24th" as the release date until the 24th of January, when they changed it to February 24th.

Playtilldawn.com has no information on a release date.

When I asked Chris about a release date in January, he said:
Chris Boelinger wrote:
They are ready to present it to microsoft for aproval.
Then it takes 1 or 2 months.
They announced it for the first semester 2010, so they didn't take any risk. So I would imagine between april and june...

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that informationen. So we still have to wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kopernikus wrote:
Thanks for that informationen. So we still have to wait...

Sadly, yes. When it's out, however, my XBox Live Gamertag is Gamethyme and it would be my honor to lose to you. Or anyone else who wants to defeat me.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will add you as friend looking forward to play. My gamertag is kopernikus1179. Everyone else who is lloking forward to play is invited. I also play Catan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
MACUNGIE
PA
flag msg tools
Check out my shop at BoardGameBoost.com!
badge
Check out my shop at BoardGameBoost.com!
mbmbmbmb
Where is it???? :-(

I can't wait to play it on xbox!!

Hurry, Microsoft! You know you want to approve it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.