Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, guys, so I'm in my 3rd game, the first two having ended on turn 2 with a peace roll. So, from those of you who have played with Prussia as a major, how would you recommend playing them?

It seems to me that no matter which side they join on turn 2, sees them being the major battlefield because of their 5 of 6 associate keys. To combat this I stayed neutral and went for minors while the others fought it out. I did this on turn 1 getting Turkey and turn 2 getting Denmark.

As turn 3 came around, I was wondering about staying neutral again to build up. Not sure if I would have or not. This makes it a bit boring, but not overly so. It reminds me of Spain in EIA.

I have also seen a Prussia that was huge in turn 2. He got two extra cards or something and with my poor French play, was able to somewhat thwart me as I fought the Brits and him. (Austria out and Russia distracted.)

So, what are people's thoughts on Prussian strategy. Discuss amongst yourselves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have stayed neutral turn 2 also. Prussia's main interest is getting allies as it the way to VPs while staying neutral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jad Harold
Singapore
Singapre
Singapore
flag msg tools
Riku Riekkinen wrote:
I have stayed neutral turn 2 also. Prussia's main interest is getting allies as it the way to VPs while staying neutral.

I haven't played Prussia (can't get enough players in one spot to play it ftf AND haven't tried it pbem) but I have played more than 5 games but have not played Russia and Prussia yet.

Staying neutral if u don't feel secure enough to fight either side. OR if u c opportunities to do things other power are to busy to do like grab minors (politically) or reducing another power's political control of minors.

If you can grab enough minors you can score VPs without fighting. If you can do that without others noticing, you can win without getting involved in the dirty fighting. It is doubtful that either side will allow u to do this without promises of joining their side - they will DOW you first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.