Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I play with the 2-Weapon, 1-Armor, 2-Ally limit.

But I have a question about limitations (if any) on Runes, such as Immolate.
Can I have as many copies of those as I want?

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny Tee
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. No limits for any artifacts, runes, etc... The only limits are on WEapons, Armour, and Allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Vinny, much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case you needed a "second", I concur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny Tee
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. Anytime. I love Runebound - it's one of my more highly rated games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just to be clear on my part, you may have any number of Artifacts, Runes, Relics, etc. cards? The limit just applies to Weapons, Armor and Allies, correct?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wargamer1963 wrote:
So, just to be clear on my part, you may have any number of Artifacts, Runes, Relics, etc. cards? The limit just applies to Weapons, Armor and Allies, correct?

That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Gray
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Limits on Runes are something people should seriously consider. Get the right combination of runes and you can do magical attacks that inflict 7 health (or more) before combat. Combined with the ghost armor rune you can easily defeat any enemy (almost always in the first attack).

E.g. two Soul Burn and an Immolate for only 23 gold give + 8 to hit and + 5 damage. Combine that with the chars boosted magic stat and a base 2 damage = Instakill.

Given that non-magic focused characters have limits placed on their main boosters I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a limit on runes too.

Or, go with the house rule that total items carried is limited to the characters Stamina.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that would be illegal.

Soul Burn and Immolate are both "activate" cards. You are only allowed to activate a single card in each combat round, so these cards cannot be combined.

That said, the magic route is definitely the strongest, but this is offset against the fact that it is last in the round. Ghost armour will of course take this balance out, but many people here think this card is too powerful in general and should just be removed from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christian Lonningdal
Norway
flag msg tools
Yes I have come to the conclusion that you really should only be able to activate one item in the before combat and one item for every combat round. This severely limits the bonus for carrying overlapping items. Still I find the game could become very easy if you have before combat actions on yourself and any other ally (each can do one before combat action). So essentially you can easily kill things before the combat has started even with the basic rules.

Also some of the card decks like the Rituals one has a rule that say you cannot have two Rituals bearing the same capitalized word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S C
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A few people have mentioned using magic attacks to kill things before combat. It seems some gamers were unaware of the rule that prohibits you from using more than one activated item each round of combat. You may also want to check to be sure that the items used before combat do not have the keyword "Magic:" on them. This text denotes that the item or ability can only be used during the specified attack phase (in this case, magic), as all bold text in the same format does. This includes character abilities.

From page 6 of the Runebound rulebook under Using Card Effects: "Any effects that are preceded by Before Combat, Ranged, Melee, or Magic can only be used during combat and only at the specific time indicated in bold type." (bold and underline emphasis are from the rulebook, not added by me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Doolin
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, nobody seems to be questioning this, but I have a friend who will never play a theme game again, if it has one element which seems thematically out of place, or at least he will complain about it for an hour every time the game is mentioned. So, how can I justify that a person can't wear chain mail and gauntlets at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell your friend the chainmail already comes with its own set of gauntlets so using another set provides no additional benefits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Doolin
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, yes. And the gauntlets have the thumbs tied to each other so you can't pick up any other armor unless you take them off. And the shield comes with a long kilt, so it can't be combined with chainmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Carter
United States
Dayton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sverre wrote:
wargamer1963 wrote:

That is correct.

Actually this isn't 100% correct. You can have as many Relic's as you want so long as no two share a capitalized word.

For example you could not have both Mage Mount and Champion Mount at the same time.

EDIT: I'm a moron. I meant Rituals not relics, Sverre and wargamer1963 are correct. Sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.