Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do charges have to be expended for all powers on a character card? Or only those powers that specifically say Discharge 1.

e.g. The duelist states

Quote:
When rolling for combat roll two dice and keep one

Discharge 1 to replace a team member's combat roll with your unused die roll.

Discharge 1 to use the sum of both dice as your combat roll.

Does this mean I can always roll 2 dice and keep, say, the highest one without discharging?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats how I have been playing it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a strong skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100%Blade wrote:
Do charges have to be expended for all powers on a character card? Or only those powers that specifically say Discharge 1.

Only powers that specifically say "Discharge" require charges to take effect. Some character cards have a combination of powers that are "always on" and powers that require charges to function. For example...

100%Blade wrote:
e.g. The duelist states

Quote:
When rolling for combat roll two dice and keep one

Discharge 1 to replace a team member's combat roll with your unused die roll.

Discharge 1 to use the sum of both dice as your combat roll.

Does this mean I can always roll 2 dice and keep, say, the highest one without discharging?

Yes, you are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
That's a strong skill.

But not strong enough when your team encounters a Sliding Door and pushes you through it so you're trying to find the scientists on your own...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:
Yugblad wrote:
That's a strong skill.

But not strong enough when your team encounters a Sliding Door and pushes you through it so you're trying to find the scientists on your own...

Is someone speaking from experience?

Regarding the skill's strength: Note that it start the game with no charges. Uncharged it is strong – but not unstoppable – in combat. You'll have to charge it up to use any of the really nifty effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes...we played this for the first time last night and got beaten in 2 minutes the first time...that might have been down to my suggestion of trying for speed 10 to see what would happen!

Then the second time the team of 3 got split into 2 guys and me, I died and then another sliding door made the team split again. Our last surviving member valiantly tried to go speed 20 on his last available turn...somehow got through the cards (lots of items and rooms that were easy if you were moving fast) picked up the scientists but was 5 cards short of the shuttle!

It didn't help that our dice rolling was not good. And the monster that does 4 additional damage each time it damages you, nearly wiped us out completely!

We had a great time though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooops! Re-reading the thread indicates that I don't know what I'm talking about!

The skill that I had was Infiltrator that adds +1 to each combat dice roll. Very useful and the one that I kept right to the end before perishing alone, abandoned by my comrades...sob!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.