Popular Tags: [View All]
John Blake
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
2 questions...

A) Lepers Upgrade...
Lets say nurgle occupies 3 territories...
I could use next six rounds putting a Leper
in each of the other unoccupied territorys
effectively saving all my power points
to use after (most likely) all others are exhausted?
then using 1 power pt each to place them in other territories

B) Great Unclean One with upgrade...
can be summoned to a populous territory, placing 2 corruption,
triggering a dial advancement token, then re-summon in following
round (same turn) in another populous territory triggering a 2nd advancement token?

yes,yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwblake2 wrote:

A) Lepers Upgrade...
Lets say nurgle occupies 3 territories...
I could use next six rounds putting a Leper
in each of the other unoccupied territorys
effectively saving all my power points
to use after (most likely) all others are exhausted?
then using 1 power pt each to place them in other territories

Yup. Each leper can be placed once for free, and you can pay to re-summon them afterwards. Probably not your best usage in a real game, though...

jwblake2 wrote:

B) Great Unclean One with upgrade...
can be summoned to a populous territory, placing 2 corruption,
triggering a dial advancement token, then re-summon in following
round (same turn) in another populous territory triggering a 2nd advancement token?

Also a yes. The downside here is that it uses up 6 points, and dial advancements are not the easiest way to win with Nurgle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note, can I summon the great unclean one to the territory he's already in? I don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Blake
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thanks

Quote:
Yup. Each leper can be placed once for free, and you can pay to re-summon them afterwards. Probably not your best usage in a real game, though...

tho, potentialy 3 advancements

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Blake
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Summon to same place is okay, as rules say
(in latter case, presumably to move it to a differnt region)
implying that is okay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my rulebook in front of me so I'm checking on a terminology clarification. Is the completion of all the phases considered a round, or is a full cycle of each player taking an action during the Summoning Phase a round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The round is all the phases, completed by all the players. If that helps.

I don't believe any rules mention or depend on the players "cycling" during a phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Scuzball wrote:
On a related note, can I summon the great unclean one to the territory he's already in? I don't see why not.

Nothing comes to mind right away that is against the rules, however keep in mind you only get the dial tick once for each region per phase. So summoning it in the same spot would just give you more corruption, not another dial token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Scuzball wrote:

I don't know about this. You can defintiely Summon to a different region. I am just not sure that you can summon to the exact same one a 2nd time without first visiting another region.

But this is a good reminder that this is one of the questions I submitted that got lost in the mail. I'll resubmit it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
But the question that comes to my mind is whether the cultists are still restricted to be summoned in areas adjacent to areas Nurgle already has followers in. In other words: do his upgraded cultists teleport or just move for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
alex352 wrote:
But the question that comes to my mind is whether the cultists are still restricted to be summoned in areas adjacent to areas Nurgle already has followers in. In other words: do his upgraded cultists teleport or just move for free?

The text of the upgrade:

Quote:
A Leper's cost is 0 if placed in a region where you have no other figures. A given Leper figure may only be summoned for free once per round.

The only change here is that if you summon it to a region with no other figures, the cost is 0 vs. 1 Power Point. The limit is once per each Leper.

Since nothing else changes, you must still follow the standard rules for placement. that is: 1) you must place it in a region adjacent to a region you currently occupy or 2) you may place it anywhere on the board IF none of your figures are ont he board.

It is meant to reduce the cost, not grant you a "Teleport" function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense and concurs with my feeling that our interpretation (in the teleport-sense) was way overpowered in the one game where it was actually used.
Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.