Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a video formerly available as a download from the FFG website and now is available in HD on you tube. Very high production, interesting and worth watching if you have not already seen it! It's got me excited to play my next game!

Tim.

go here for the big HD version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEfozs8tfBc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
After Downtime Town (Zaa Ooo Zaa!), this video made me want to buy this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I am wondering if there are two players each taking the roles of two characters, which two roles would be balanced enough to make a good gameplay ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mosley
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how the game would work with two players, but if I were to try it I would match rival vs rival.

Khorne and Slaanesh are rivals. Nurgle and Tzeench are rivals.

Therefore I would either do:
Khorne/Nurgle vs Slaanesh/Tzeench
or
Khorne/Tzeench vs Slaanesh/Nurgle

Aside from staying true to the mythos, the game was designed so that rival gods can sort of keep each other in check.
As such, if two rivals are being controlled by the same player, they're not mucking with each other and that may cause problems.

Of course that's just speculation on my part. It's possible that controlling two rivals would end up being a great game. I dunno

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Rival vs Rival doesn't really work. They are too geared towards shutting each other down that it isn't much fun. We played a straight up game between Slaanesh and Tzeentch and had a blast. There was just enough interaction to make it fun without having too much that no progress could be made. I suspect Nurgle vs Khorne would be just as fun but we haven't tried it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mosley
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't really thought of that, but it does make sense.
However, I think he was talking about a two player game with all 4 gods in play. Each player controlling two gods.
In that case, it seems to me like you would want the rivals on oposite sides. Like I said though, I'm just speculating
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kevin9793 wrote:
I hadn't really thought of that, but it does make sense.
However, I think he was talking about a two player game with all 4 gods in play. Each player controlling two gods.
In that case, it seems to me like you would want the rivals on oposite sides. Like I said though, I'm just speculating

Ah sorry, I should read the post in context...

In that case, I would suggest keeping the rivals apart as you have them listed.

Someone put forth a 2-player variant that sounded promising but I have not tried yet. You would set-up as you mentioned but choose one of the two to be your main character. That one you could use just like a normal.

With the other one, you could only use the power points to summon figures. There were no cards and no upgrades. You would still score points for them but I don't think advance the threat dial. They would still battle and contribute corruption, I just don't think they could target your main chaos in battle. And like I mentioned, their corruption/domination was their own so they would compete in thos points normally.

You won based on your main chaos's status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Thanks All for answering my question.

Seems it might be worth trying and see what happens. Might buy it to find out

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.