Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943» Forums » General

Subject: It's Arrived, Finally! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Carlton
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the way from Ohio to Sydney, Australia without a scratch on it, box is mint.

Absolutely blown away by the quality of the components inside, the counters, the rules, the firefight book. The Osprey bonus Kursk book is just the icing (or is that frosting?) on what looks to be a very, very tasty cake.

Congratulation Uwe, and thanks a bunch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasta wrote:
icing (or is that frosting?)

With this game, I think there's icing, and then frosting on top of the icing.

The component quality is just that good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
With this game, I think there's icing, and then frosting on top of the icing..
Is it clearly marked 'not suitable doe diabetics? gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea for the components! I thought one of the hairs I keep losing from my head had fallen on board 7, then realized it was the shadow of the telegraph wire in the village (or maybe the wire itself). And what looks like the entire inventory of 3rd Reich armored assets represented on counters.

Since the German side uses captured T-34s, I wonder if Uwe will ever bring out a game where the Russians will use the repaired Panthers and Tigers captured after Pokhora Pokhorotko Kursk. Orel Pocket? Collapse of Army Group Center? Battle for Berlin?

And I guess the Aussie post office doesn't spend its coffee break playing frisbee with the heavy parcels. (This morning's news: USPS loses some $8 billion this year. No wonder they lost my rent check).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy today (Canberra, Australia).

Some of the paper components inside (rule/scenario book and track sheets were a little bit crushed/deformed and there was a minor ding in one box corner but nothing I can't live with, I guess.

Looking forward to giving it a whirl sometime soon having just finished all the Combat Commander: Pacific scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
TeufelHund wrote:
Looking forward to giving it a whirl sometime soon having just finished all the Combat Commander: Pacific scenarios.

You mean you've only done them ONCE?

You obviously don't have a 20 month year old son you're responsbile for whenever you're not at work or asleep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I'm sooooooooooo tired of waiting. Mine was shipped at 26-9 but still i don't get it. Everyday i look with red eyes to the window, shouting to every postmen i see, but still nothing.........
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bergström
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
After much trial and tribulation I could finally pick up my copy today, which had arrived without a scratch. I didn't think I could be surprised by the quality, but I was! Now all I need is someone to play it with (sorry guys, but solo is for computers...!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hong
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, it'll arrive soon! I received mine earlier this week and I live in California (~2500 miles from Ohio)...and you're all the way in the Netherlands (other side of the world). arrrh

edit: clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Paschal
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer

Hey, I did the cover art and mine still has not arrived yet!! And I live in Honolulu...only the most isolated populated land mass on planet earth!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve, you are an artist. Just close your eyes and visualize you have it! Then paint a painting of it.

Harald, please call your local post office, it may be sitting there. This makes no sense, but then again, the package could be sitting in customes. The overseas games were shipped Priority Air and cost over $50 to ship, so they had better get there!

Keep me updated please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks for the concern Uwe, i'll keep you updated if anything changes. So far still nothing here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Yesyes, the topic subject finally apply to me also: IT'S ARRIVED FINALLY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.