Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Click the down arrow below their username. One of the options there is 'Add GeekBuddy'

You can also check out the wiki page. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Once added, you can go to the top title bar "My Geek -> Geekbuddies" to access your Geekbuddy manager. From here you can:

1. View Activity (get most recent posts done by all your Geekbuddies)
2. Manage Groups (separate your buddies into groups. Like Friends, People with similar tastes in games, Good Reviewers I like reading, etc)
3. edit (Allows you to REMOVE geekbuddies, or assign them to groups)
4. Recent (lists chronologically the activity done by your Buddies)
5. Analyze - Lets you select a game and see what your buddies rate it. You can choose to analyse just on a specific group, so if you find people with similar tastes as you, you can geekbuddy them and then analyse games you are wanting to purchase to see what they think of them.
6. Ratings - Sums up and averages all the ratings done by your buddies. I suggest you use the filters available.

Have fun with your new buddies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
bleakgeek wrote:
GeneSteeler wrote:
Once added, you can go to the top title bar "My Geek -> Geekbuddies" to access your Geekbuddy manager. From here you can:

1. View Activity (get most recent posts done by all your Geekbuddies)
2. Manage Groups (separate your buddies into groups. Like Friends, People with similar tastes in games, Good Reviewers I like reading, etc)
3. edit (Allows you to REMOVE geekbuddies, or assign them to groups)
4. Recent (lists chronologically the activity done by your Buddies)
5. Analyze - Lets you select a game and see what your buddies rate it. You can choose to analyse just on a specific group, so if you find people with similar tastes as you, you can geekbuddy them and then analyse games you are wanting to purchase to see what they think of them.
6. Ratings - Sums up and averages all the ratings done by your buddies. I suggest you use the filters available.

Have fun with your new buddies!

So what if you are trrifically smart and do all that out of the bowl..then what's the use of geekbuddies?

Um, read the list of numbered items that you just quoted. You can more easily see what these people have done recently at the site, and you can easily analyze/compare their games and ratings. If those things sound useful to you, then there you go. If they are not useful, then you don't need to use Geek Buddies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.