Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a member of the audience of the first play of Eine gegen eine.

Four players (famous authors) were playing. They got the information that this game is a game without a rulebook, that's it.

It is a very strange thing to see experienced gamers exploring a game without a rulebook.

I was curious if something like this can work, but it is a very good game.

Later this year I was joining another session of this game. In this game four game editors were playing. And again it was one of the best gaming experiences I ever had.

So I had my fun in watching these gamers play that game, but what about the gamers?

All eight players (of the two different games) had a very good time and laughed a lot.

I know that this review might sound weird, but what should I say, I don't want to tell you the secrets, you should explore it when you play this game for the first time.

Please dear gamer, buy this game, invite 3 other players and than open the box. Don't open it before, you will loose one of the best experiences you can ever have in the boardgame-world.

I love this game, for this concept and the first time experience, but I also believe you will have fun to show this game to others not having had this experience before and give other players the same fun by not joining their first game.

The only sad thing about this: I was only looking at the others playing and getting to know this game, so I can never ever get the experience of exploring it, but I'm looking forward to show this game to my gaming group.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How very cryptic. This could become a cult hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Thanks, Friedemann - now I've got to try this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is interesting.

So, Mighty Green-Haired One, what you are suggesting is that we don't jump into games with other first-timers because it would taint their experience, right? But would subsequent plays with gamers who have similar numbers of plays as you be good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel-André Casasola Merkle
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The game itself is quite basic so don't expect a major strategical gem. No brain burner hard core gamer stuff.

It is more about the experience to explore what it is all about and afterwards watching other players' reactions on their first play. I tell you: that can be hilarious.

It's a concept about how learning a game could be if game designers and publishers would use their creativity and intuition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay, so how's the replayablity? And is it language-dependent?

WANT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I think the replayability is medium to good - depending on your style of play.
(uh - I have to stop here already - it is really hard not to give away too much information).

As I said at my website - the task to find out the rules will be a bit harder for players not speaking german. We are currently working on a crib sheet which will be part of our curious riddle game.

Playing the game itself later should not be a real problem, because solving the "riddle of the rules" will definitely help you remember how to play the game.

Best Regards
Heinrich

www.erlkoenig.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mb
News: We will print a free and official paste up sheet that will keep the experience for English speaking people as close as possible to German ones.

To estimate the demand it would be helpful for us that people interested in this sheet add the game to their wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds intriguing. The language barrier was my initial concern, but a translation sheet will solve that, (so long as it doesn't give away too much). I'll be adding this game to my wishlist as soon as I find a computer that will let me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The paste ups will be self-adhesive. You'll have to cut them out during your first play. I heavily recommend not to read the paste up sheet before playing but to integrate cutting and pasting into the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Is it possible to order this game from the publisher to ship to the US? Would it come with the paste ups?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.