Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kenel
United States
New London
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my Hilinski board with painting by Penny Hauffe and have to show it off!

I am simply amazed by the work of Carl and Penny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bet you are really excited! I own one too, but not a painted piece like yours. Is that you in the painting? If not, any significance to it?

Also, I like how the center hole looks like a knot in the trunk.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats I got mine 2 years ago and love it. I'm not actually a fan of the painted ones I really love the look of natural wood. I only regret that i went for a "regular" board and didn't go for one of the burls, the burls are just gorgeous. Maybe one day I'll be rich and can slurge on a second board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christa Haley
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's beautiful. I'd have a really hard time playing on it though. Great strategy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kenel
United States
New London
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
I'll bet you are really excited! I own one too, but not a painted piece like yours. Is that you in the painting? If not, any significance to it?

Also, I like how the center hole looks like a knot in the trunk.

Cheers!

Nope not me in the picture but there is some significance to it. Both my wife and I are huge fans of the Blues and thus this image is to capture that. I have a good friend, Will Whitmore, that plays the blues and his image was actually used by Penny for this painting. Thus the picture not only captures the blues for us but is also an image representing friendship and memories of home as a lot of Will's song are about the area we grew up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Mixemong
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome board DJ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful. Can't wait for mine to be ready... I'm going to have a game day right after it arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.