Kwanchai Moriya
United States
Monrovia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Hour of Glory: Stronghold, and I had a box of unpainted Goblin miniatures that I really wanted to use for something. So I re-themed Hour of Glory: Stronghold to....Goblin Stronghold. Yes, I know, brilliant title. So instead of Allied spies sneaking into a Nazi base to steal intelligence, we have dwarf rangers sneaking into a goblin keep to steal war machine plans.
Here are some pictures of the components. And sorry to all you goblin lovers out there, but I won't be sharing or posting these files, since I'd like to promote the purchase of the actual PDF game. I just wanted to gloat.

I chopped up and put together Warhammer Quest images for the board.

The goblins I mentioned (now painted).

Some Dwarf Ranger cards.

A few intelligence cards.

A few equipment cards.

Alert State Indicator.

Action shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty amazing... I'd love to hear a session report with the retheme in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should offer this to them as a redesign. You do some great redesigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwanchai Moriya
United States
Monrovia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
You should offer this to them as a redesign. You do some great redesigns.

Well, thanks man. I love doing them. I think my next project will be to do some kickass cover art for my three favorite games: Zombie Plague, Wiz War, and Space Hulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hertzog
United States
Greentown
Indiana
flag msg tools
Great Job! I would love to see this re-themed with Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I'd want to see a MetalGear styled game but I'd love a Bond style look to it. Henchmen, fancy gear to work with and perhaps a lovely fraulien to lure and be lured by in pursuit of the secret codes that will allow access to the doomsday machine and the safety of the whole world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hertzog
United States
Greentown
Indiana
flag msg tools
Next comes the STAR WARS redesign...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I actually did a big outline of a redesign of this based on the old Thief series of PC games. I got rid of the static map, and had it based on the Cadwallon gaming tiles that Rackham made for the Cadwallon RPG (and Hybrid boardgame) a few years ago. I think I was about half done when I lost steam- got lots of concept art from the old games to redesign the components, figured out how proximity to light sources and different floor materials would affect sneak rolls, came up with rules for semi-automated patrols to be set up by the Guard player, etc. I really oughta get back to that.

That said, this is very, very cool, even if it is just a visual re-theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weeverman wrote:
Next comes the STAR WARS redesign...

Fantasy Flight Take notes!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.