Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finding it would be fun to maybe change a New Testament parable so it stars Stephen Colbert I try to log on to Conservapedia. Looks like the East Coast Comedy Central market has already brought the site offline.

Is Colbert liable under what Internet law that exists?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:
Finding it would be fun to maybe change a New Testament parable so it stars Stephen Colbert I try to log on to Conservapedia. Looks like the East Coast Comedy Central market has already brought the site offline.

I think you need to understand what a DOS is. I assume that Colbert asked people on his show to go to the site? If Conservapedia makes itself newsworthy then it is their own fault... this is no different than being "slashdotted" or "farked" when a site is hotlinked.

Andrew Schlafly just needs to upgrade his hosting,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
Del_Esau wrote:

...I assume that Colbert asked people on his show to go to the site?...

I saw this part of the show. Colbert said that as long as they were changing the Bible to make it more conservative it might as well have him in it. So he asked his fans to put him in the bible. He said something about always wanting to be Moses or something. It was hilarious as usual.

If the site is run like a Wikipedia then I guess he gave their mods a lot more work to do for a couple of weeks, but I'm sure it will die down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:

Liable for what? Increasing a site's traffic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Nichols
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
I didn't catch last night's episode, but that's pure win. Looks like the site is back up now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.