Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david hollin
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use all my trains and they are in one continuous route...do I win?

On the score card at the bottom it has listed 45(X 5) = 225, but I don't know why.

Thanks

Hollin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use all your trains into one route you earn 10 points for having the longest route (unless someone else also has used all their trains into one route... dunno what happens when there's a tie, with my group we then decide that noone gets the 10 points).

The 45x5 refers to the number of train playing pieces in the game. Each player has 45 plastic trains/wagons, and there are 5 different colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
residue wrote:
dunno what happens when there's a tie, with my group we then decide that noone gets the 10 points

When there's a tie, every player involved in the tie gets 10 points.

Note that you don't have to get all your trains into one continuous route to claim the bonus. It just goes to the longest, but of course if you've got every wagon, nobody can get any longer, so you get the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wraith wrote:
residue wrote:
dunno what happens when there's a tie, with my group we then decide that noone gets the 10 points

When there's a tie, every player involved in the tie gets 10 points.

Exactly. I guess the proper way to see it is that the longest continuous route is a ticket that's worth 10 points and that is open to all. If more than one person makes it they each get the 10 points. From any player's standpoint, if they don't get longest someone else does, so that's kind of like losing 10 points (not really in a multiplayer game but it's surely the case in a 2p).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, rules definitely state "Finally, give the 10 point bonus for the European Express to the player(s) who have the Longest Continuous Path on the board."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.