Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten ◄► Wesel
Germany
Pinneberg-Quellental
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you uplaod images without caption?
- If I don't know the game, I (maybe) don't know, what's on the image.
- Take the time to title an image - you are the only one to do that.

Why do you let images without caption pass your geekmodding?
- Do you know, what do you see?
- Do you pass everything?
- Do you think, you know what's on this image?

Why is it possible to upload images without caption?
[i]- captions are irrelevant?
- captions are only an addon the the image?
- why spending time on writing captions, if uploading an image gives you the geekgold you need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
I need more TIME
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100% with you on this. It is a service and a courtesy to other users to include a caption. My grateful thanks go to all uploaders who include captions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
They alone can EDIT these, so if you want to take note and send that person a *note* on doing this, then by all means go ahead! Go check this out for any of YOURS as to where it is allowed. Look around in the upper LEFT portion of the page any were upon for it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceryon wrote:
Why do you let images without caption pass your geekmodding?

Because there's nothing in the geekmod guidelines or image submission guidelines to say omitting a caption makes it unacceptable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
They alone can EDIT these, so if you want to take note and send that person a *note* on doing this, then by all means go ahead! Go check this out for any of YOURS as to where it is allowed. Look around in the upper LEFT portion of the page any were upon for it all.

Oops, what's wrong? No colours, no ... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceryon wrote:
Why is it possible to upload images without caption?
I will agree that captions are mostly desirable, but consider some possible outcomes of making them required.

1) I sumbit a box cover. My caption is "box cover". So what have you gained ?

2) I submit an image for which I had never considered a caption until I find it is required on the upload screen. Some choices I have are "this is a caption" and more simply "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx". So what have you gained ?

so it is not unlike a common request that posted threads should have more informative titles than "a question". It could indeed be helpful the rest of the world if this happened but you might not succeed in making it happen just because you make a rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
1) I sumbit a box cover. My caption is "box cover". So what have you gained ?

So don't be so terse. Put "Cover of Z-man games English version" or "1965 Parker Brothers first edition cover". Later on when there's more covers of all sorts of languages and publishers, it'll be useful.

There are almost no photos where some meaningful caption can't be thought up.

However, until the rules are changed, not having a caption should *not* be used to mod against a photo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Lamont
Scotland
Dunblane
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you accidentally upload an image without a caption blush is there a way to edit it and add one after it has been approved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Fraser. Click on the picture in the gallery, and there's an "Edit" option at the top (above the row of other photos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
GROGnads wrote:
Scayra wrote:
Oops, what's wrong? No colours, no ... shake
surprise and yet, NO "tip" or even a thumbsup as those are FREE! c'mon! you "cheapskate bastards!" There ought to become a 'movie' MADE about you guys on this, except that YOU won't see that, and NO wonder *why* eh?
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:

2) I submit an image for which I had never considered a caption until I find it is required on the upload screen. Some choices I have are "this is a caption" and more simply "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx". So what have you gained ?

Maybe I'm too harsh, but if I was modding, I would decline an image that had BS captions like that (assuming there was a "caption required" rule in place at the time). After the effort of taking and submitting the image, how much extra effort is it to put a descriptive caption on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Augusto Moreira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont can agree with you....sometimes a image dont need a caption

If i put the game under the Game directory, clearly it is a image of the game...

Dont know why i need say in each image...Image of the game XXXXX in development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
jaugusto72 wrote:
Dont know why i need say in each image...Image of the game XXXXX in development.

Well, then those of us making our own copies at home without paying for the actual game wouldn't know whether the images we were stealing were rough or final artwork. surprisearrrh

Just kidding! REALLY! JUST KIDDING! (Don't send the hit squad after me!)

No, but in all seriousness, there is the issue of batch uploads of images. Would we be required to place the same caption on each image in the batch?

I absolutely see the benefit of the captions and try to place them on every image I upload, but sometimes they can be an inconvenience when the effort of the picture is what the community wants to see in the end.

Still, maybe captionless images only receive .5 GG for the upload when approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Lamont
Scotland
Dunblane
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Yes Fraser. Click on the picture in the gallery, and there's an "Edit" option at the top (above the row of other photos).

Cheers Steven - don't know how I missed that. Uploaded one the other day without a caption and just couldn't find the edit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.