Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I played my 1st game of PoF yesterday and had a doubt. The rule says that for each extra landscape of the same type (i.e. say I add a 2nd forest or 2nd park to an already existing forest/park) I get an additional 3 PP. But does this forest count when we are calculating the WV as well?

Meaning do we add 3+ 3 for 2 forests that we have or just get 3 PP?

I may be sounding stupid, but please help.

Best,
Madhu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Question on multiple landscapes?
No. Work value is simply "do I have at least one of the landscape or don't I?". The 3 Prestige for building more than one of the same kind is to give this build value when it otherwise would not have any value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You get just +3 to the work.
Having multiple duplicate landscapes (e.g. 2 Forests) serves only to score the 3 PPs when you get the 2nd one of the same (and another 3 PPs for a 3rd one, etc.) AND to accomplish some Prestige Cards ("most Forests", "less empty spaces", etc.).

Have fun! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
madhujith wrote:
Hi All,

I played my 1st game of PoF yesterday and had a doubt. The rule says that for each extra landscape of the same type (i.e. say I add a 2nd forest or 2nd park to an already existing forest/park) I get an additional 3 PP. But does this forest count when we are calculating the WV as well?

Meaning do we add 3+ 3 for 2 forests that we have or just get 3 PP?

I may be sounding stupid, but please help.

Best,
Madhu

You just get PP for the extra landscapes built of a particular type. They do not however add to the WVs. You get 3WV for having the appropriate landscape, say forest, and not any more even if you have 2 or 3 forests.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot guys for such a quick response. This solves my confusion :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Fawcett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
badge
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you - you can see that my grave is kept clean
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. You just have to own one or more of that landscape to fulfil the requirement. If this were not so you could just buy loads and loads of the same landscape and it would not be harder to complete the works in later rounds.

Glad you've discovered PoF though. It's one of our favourites, hope you enjoyed it.

Roj

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
One of the aspects that I love of BGG is that a player asks a question and within 6 minutes (!) he gets three answers from three different continents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are so spot on. Couldn't have been a better example of globalization! A real global melting pot I'd say
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
One of the aspects that I love of BGG is that a player asks a question and within 6 minutes (!) he gets three answers from three different continents.

Totally agree with you. Maybe more surprisingly is that the responses were all the same, which can be a rarity around here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.